 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2858
Re: How to setup gcc and make in cygwin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 21:41:44 GMT

I had a go at those instructions then gave up after 3 weeks of trying to get
them to work.

"Ed Manlove" <emanlove@ieee.org> wrote in message
Actually there is a set of updated instructions for Windows with the most
recent being for brickOS.  brickOS is the continued development effort foe
legOS.  AT the request of The LEGO Group the name has changed.  So the • most
recent information can be found here lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos and at the
brickOS development page http://brickos.sourceforge.net/.  The updated
windows instructions can be found at
http://legos.sourceforge.net/cygwin/INSTALL-cygwin.html.  The updated
instructions also appear on the legOS SourceForge website,
http://legos.sourceforge.net/cygwin/INSTALL-cygwin.html.

And of course if you have any issues post them here.

Ed

Ralph Clark <ralph.clark@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
Follow these instuctions word for word:

http://legos.sourceforge.net/files/windows/cygwin/legOS-0.2.4.html

inserting 0.2.6 in place of 0.2.4 wherever it crops up and you'll have • no
problems. (Well, it worked for me using Win98 so hopefully it'll work • for
you)

"Redline" <trust@global.net.au> wrote in message
Hi all,

I've been trying to get LegOS working on my Win XP machine using the
cygwin emulator but I cannot execute "Makefile"; hence I downloaded • "make"
from the fs foundation but I am new to this, so have no idea how to • install
make --- generally I am stuck as to how to proceed with setting up the • whole
thing properly to run legOS.

I've already followed numerous instructions over the net, but I think • my
lack of unix knowledge is showing terribly now:)

If anyone can help, I'd be really really grateful.

Cheers,
Sen