 Robotics / RCX / 1824
Re: What version for my rcx 1.5?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 21:49:54 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx, Lars Gertsen writes:
I am starting to look at my mindstorm again. It is version 1.5 and I have
prev. used NQC and RcxCC.
What should I use now? How about the new sdk 2.0? Can I use that one? Can I
use the new versions
of NQC and RcxCC?

Hope someone can bring me up to date.

The brick version doesn't really mean a lot (other than that version 1.0
bricks had the external power jack).  If you download the firmware from the
2.0 SDK then your 1.5 brick is an RCX 2.0 and it will work perfectly well
with NQC, BricxCC (the latest version of RcxCC).  It will also work fine
with alternate firmwares such as pbForth and brickOS.  You can, of course,
use the 1.0 firmware (which came with RIS 1.0 & RIS 1.5) with the latest
release of NQC & BricxCC but some NQC features and the newer MindScript &
LASM support in BricxCC will not be available.  See the link below for the
latest BricxCC release (which also includes a very recent version of the NQC
compiler).

John Hansen
http://members.aol.com/johnbinder/bricxcc.htm