 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2917
Re: brickOS & GNU Pascal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:58:04 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, John Hansen writes:
This is extremely preliminary, but I can't wait to share the news.  I've
managed to build a Hitachi H8 cross compiler for GNU Pascal (under cygwin on
W2K) and have successfully downloaded and ran the following Pascal program
on brickOS.

Personally, I think this is great.  If a GUI can be developed for BrickOS,
it will be a huge boost to BrickOS, because it should be MUCH easier for
people to use it.

Between this, the DJGPP compiler Ed's working on, and the whole new surge in
BrickOS development, it seems like BrickOS can go from 'firmware used by
hackers' to something used on a much larger scale.

Good job.  Keep working...

Steve