 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2890
Re: legOS library path
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 8 Oct 2002 00:29:21 GMT

"Germán Rojas" <ge-rojas@uniandes.edu.co> wrote in message
news:H3MD68.M72@lugnet.com...
Hello!!

Hi there!

Testing the instalation of legOS-0.2.6 (cygwin) • [snip]
the compiler return the follow lines(I think that problem is the library
path, if this is the problem how i can fix them? THANKS): • [snip]
helloworld.c:1: conio.h: No such file or directory
[snip]

This broke for me between legOS 0.2.5 and 0.2.6 I belive (and is still
broken in the current brickos release). Re-compiling the demo programs on
their own (eg rm robots.lx; make robots.lx) also failed for me.

Having tried to remember how I fixed it and failed, I fell did a quick
reinstall and a couple of diffs and think I've found the problem. I did this
using brickos-0.2.6 rather than legos-0.2.6, and on Linux rather than
windows, but the problem is identical and brickos-0.2.6 is pretty much just
a name-change version, so just subsitite "legos" for "brickos" where
relvevant.

The autodetection of the root directory in Makefile.common is failing, force
it to where you want by changing the section:

# brickos root directory autodetection
# if this fails, use:
#
#BRICKOS_ROOT=$(HOME)/brickos/

# brickos root directory autodetection
# if this fails, use:
#
BRICKOS_ROOT=/where/my/brickos/root/lives/

note the last line is now uncommented (the # removed).

It seems a little inconsistent to me that the compile of the whole lot
works, but compilation of individual programs doesn't - something to think
about for the next BrickOS release?

Tim