 Organizations / United States / L.U.C.N.Y. / *677 (-100)
  Re: Calling all Hunters!

"Nicole Drumm" <kdrumm1@stny.rr.com> wrote in message news:H2JAz6.Krn@lugnet.com... (...) I finally broke down and got her from s@h. Nice deal on half off. -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: drumm-family Bricklink Store: (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.galidor, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Roberson Toy Train Show

(...) As an update I know have in my collection 72 pieces of straight track, 54 curve, 2 cross, and 1 set of points. Being near the outlet has its advantages or disadvantages dependig on if I am looking at my bank account balance or not... Hope this (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Roberson Toy Train Show

(...) Great! I'm working on a layout to use no more straights that we currently have, since Wayne's not local anymore, and I'll be able to apply with a Track Designer bmp for the organizers. I'd like to make a layout with center space to keep us (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Roberson Toy Train Show

(...) If it is possible to get into GATS that weekend it would be great. I will be home on break from Dec. 20th until the 12th of Jan. That way I would be available to help out with the layout. I have my post office just about finished and a fire (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Roberson Toy Train Show

(...) Valid point - we should still seek out other venues. However, both you and I have small displays under our belts, and they are a blast that I'd like to share with the rest of our group. Kevin brought forth the fact that there's a GATS in (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Roberson Toy Train Show

(...) A worthy cause...yes But, it's the premise, not the instance, that matters (...) We may need to look beyond Train shows at first... Maybe we can talk to some of the local toy/hobby shops... I'll get on that (although I'm probobly not one of (...) (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Roberson Toy Train Show

(...) James - I agree. However, after speaking the the show's organizer, the verdict is that they charge for clubs and dealers equally in an effort to have the show act as a fund-raiser for the museum where it is held. I attended this particular (...) (22 years ago, 1-Dec-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  LUCNY container cars stickers needed

I all. I have been doing some thinking along the lines of our upcoming January show. One thing we do not yet have are any Lego cargo containers with our logo emblazened on them. I think all of the LTC's have containers and some of the LUGS are (...) (22 years ago, 29-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Roberson Toy Train Show

Are you sure they are talking about charging clubs for tables? Most shows charge the vendors for tables but never the clubs. A don't think a club should ever have to pay to be at a show since the clubs are what draw the people to the show. I'm (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Roberson Toy Train Show

(...) I asked the organizer about using our own tables, and it's OK, but I don't recommend it. We could bring ours along as spares, I suppose, since technically it's allowed, and other clubs will be at the show with modules, but I think we should (...) (22 years ago, 26-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: I'm going to run a layout!

(...) Great! You'll have a blast! "I didn't know LEGO made trains..." "Where can I buy these?" "Is that electric?" "Umm, how old are you?" "How many pieces are in that?" "...what's a LUCNY?" And 3x5 is not meager, according to your signature level (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Roberson Toy Train Show

An update - I've been in contact with the show's organizer, and the date is confirmed for Sunday, January 12th, from 9am until 3pm or so. Tables are $18 each (!) and we had planned on four to replicate the very decent layout we had at the Nov. 02 (...) (22 years ago, 22-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: I'm going to run a layout!

"John Rudy" <TJJohn12@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message news:H5uHHt.C58@lugnet.com... (...) Great news John. -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: drumm-family Bricklink Store: Drumm's Small Lots (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: I'm going to run a layout!

(...) The festival will run on Friday the 29th from 5pm til 9pm and Saturday the 30th from 10am til 4pm. There will be desserts and food available, as well as live music programs throughout the day saturday. Don't just make the trip for my layout, (...) (22 years ago, 21-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: I'm going to run a layout!

Hey John, sounds awesome! Good luck, and take lots of pictures! -Dave (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: I'm going to run a layout!

Cool, and congrats! Coordinates? Are we invited? If it's Saturday, I may try to stop by. Alan (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Nov 02 Meeting a Great Success!!

"Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message news:H50G7A.LtM@lugnet.com... (...) ::perk:: Binghamton train show? January? Do I sense a chance at a meeting here in Bingo? Please keep us informed. With enough time we could get a meeting place (...) (22 years ago, 20-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  I'm going to run a layout!

That's right folks, you heard right... I'll be displaying my town and train at the Fabius Methodist Church's Festival of Trees on Thanksgiving Weekend. I'll try to take some pictures and am planning on publicizing LUCNY heavily. I'll have some (...) (22 years ago, 19-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: BIG Technic Brick

Here's a deep link to the pic : ) (URL) <jmantor@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:H5nH8B.4IK@lugnet.com... (...) ((URL) and tweaked it a little bit to match my other scaleX bricks. I rendered it (...) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: BIG Technic Brick

I took Wayne Sardullo's design ((URL) tweaked it a little bit to match my other scaleX bricks. I rendered it with the axle holes a contrasting color for clarity. PLMKWYT (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Nov-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Nov 02 Meeting a Great Success!!

Looks like it was a great meeting--I'm sorry I missed it! I hoped to make it, but my coming would have required my wife to cut short her work for the day due to some commitments we had later in the day (yeah, I know, slightly complicated!), and (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Calling all Hunters!

For what it is worth, I saw Allegra in my local (Fort Collins, CO) Wal-mart today, along with 8320 Nepol. -Joel (...) (22 years ago, 5-Nov-02, to lugnet.galidor, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Nov 02 Meeting a Great Success!!

(...) I think Success is an understatement. KUDOS to all and there work and actually I want to give kevin a BIG WAY TO GO! Kevin you impressed me yesterday. I couldnt believe the amount of stuff you had built in the time you had.. Very well done. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Nov 02 Meeting a Great Success!!

(...) (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Nov 02 Meeting a Great Success!!

On Nov 02 LUCNY met for the first time in many months. Planned were a Train/Town layout and John Barnes' demonstration of his automated sensor-controlled Train layout. Both were successful and a lot of fun was had by all who attended. Those present (...) (22 years ago, 3-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Follow up

LUCNY website and my account are secure for another year. So you don't have to worry about moving it to somewhere else. I can probably also do the up keep of the LUCNY site without any problems. Just let me know what you want posted or if you have (...) (22 years ago, 1-Nov-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Nov 02 Meeting is NOT cancelled

Okay. Thanks for replying so fast. The meeting is now un-cancelled !!! I am happy again. What sparked my cancellation notice is that I took a call from Peter telling me he couldn't make it. That meant no easy way to get Dave up here from Ithaca. I (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Nov 02 Meeting might be cancelled

Well, you'd better not.... This is one of the last things I am looking forward to up here. As far as the New guy I got one email back a month ago about interest however haven't heard anything from him. I also had an email regarding other info I (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Nov 02 Meeting might be cancelled

Eek! It seems I dont have a ride! If anyone else can give me a lift, and its not too much trouble, let me know. Dont go out of your way, though. This means you, Kevin! :) Otherwise, it looks like Ill have to try to catch the next one, which is (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Nov 02 Meeting might be cancelled

I'll be there, even if you do try to cancel :) JB (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Nov 02 Meeting might be cancelled

(...) Hey, Kev, Don't make my decisions for me...hehehe The SAT is important, but not important enough to ignore LEGO or my friends... a) I've got the insurance of having taken it once and scoring a 1360, so this time is a "see if I can do better" (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Nov 02 Meeting might be cancelled

Hi all. I have been doing a lot of last-minute building for the upcoming meeting on November 02. For now, it looks like I might be the only one to enjoy what I have done. At this time I think it would be better to cancel this meeting. I will make my (...) (22 years ago, 30-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: October Meeting slated for Nov 02

"Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message news:H4MG4r.Fv0@lugnet.com... (...) meeting. (...) We had originally planned for all of us to make this trip. Alas we can't. We're now down to one vehicle and it will be in NYC that weekend. (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

I think this merits some translation. What Duane is attempting to do is to make a train car that can hold a Bionicle Toa and may be "decorated" with such parts. He also intends on putting the LUCNY logo on it somewhere. He is asking because it seems (...) (22 years ago, 29-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: October Meeting slated for Nov 02

Hi, guys. Unfortunately it looks like I can't make it (pretty busy+long drive to Utica!). Alan (...) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: October Meeting slated for Nov 02

To make things alittle more stable after last email for the meeting. I will be there. Regardless if I get this job in Oswego or if I'm leaving. I will be bringing (ALL my 9v track) Train Repair Building Trak-Works small little home Office Lighthouse (...) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: October Meeting slated for Nov 02

To all in the Ithaca area: Will anyone be able to give me a ride to the meeting? If you can, reply to this message, or drop me an email at dma34@cornell.edu. We can then work out the details. Thanks alot. -Dave (...) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: October Meeting slated for Nov 02

Reference: (URL) hope this message reaches you all in time to prepare for next week's meeting. Since I have not heard from many of you, I will assume that EVERYONE will be coming (except Nate who is down in Virginia). If there are any questions, (...) (22 years ago, 27-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  State of LUCNY (Website and Me)

As you all know there is a meeting set for the first week in nov. I do hope most of the members will be aval to get together. I also have some possible bad news as far as continuing my support for LUCNY as the Chief and Webmaster. I will have my (...) (22 years ago, 24-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

LUCNY to date has not offically determined what the LUCNY Standard is.. Most of us build to 6 wide. I honestly think 8 wide is a little much but, it does have its benefits. My only complaint about it is when you go with one size over another the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

(...) Trampled? Grin. (...) Snipped the rest because it's good advice (and what we said, more or less) :-) (22 years ago, 19-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

(...) Duane and all Sorry you got trampled by the Train guys before anyone local had a chance to respond. (Suggestion: email to Wayne, or John Rudy or me) Everyone in LUCNY so far builds trains to 6 wide. Some finished creations are a bit wider, but (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

(...) Okay, here is my advice. If you are going to build a car specifically for the LUCNY display, build it to the tolerances your club uses. If they run 6 wide cars, stick to 6 wide. 8 wide, then 8 wide. Anything that you build that deviates from (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

8 is largest then? 10 "level trackside details" means things on sides of track get destroyed? reason for me to ask i make car for lucny. most in group like trains. i want to make car for lucny display. my contribute to group. -- Duane Drumm "Stefan (...) (22 years ago, 18-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

(...) While people have made 10-12 stud wide trains, those have a tendency to level trackside details. General large standard is 8 wide or possibly 9 wide. Hope that helps. -Stefan- (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H44qy6.8x3@lugnet.com... (...) or (...) the (...) clearance (...) Ok, I sorry. I want to know maximum width. I know 6stud is standard. What I try to make need to be wider. The car (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

(...) I've run 14 wides with no problem. I routinely run passenger cars that are 62 studs long. These aren't the *longest*-- I'm not really sure anyone has cared to find out the maximums, although for length around curves, the maximum distance (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Largest train car dimensions?

(...) Straight or curved? curve curve curve or curve straight curve (gives a bigger radius curve)? What things are around it that it needs to clear? If you are on straight track, and have no clearance problems there is no definite upper limit if the (...) (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Largest train car dimensions?

I would like to know the longest and widest train car dimensions and still have it run properly on a track. -- Duane Drumm (22 years ago, 17-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Monthly Target and Toys R US report!

(...) This is a Brand New store, so discounts are unlikely at this time. All the new TARGET stores in New York State opened for business on October 09 with official Grand Opening scheduled for October 19. We now have Target stores in Clay, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Monthly Target and Toys R US report!

(...) I haven't seen your Target, but if thats the only sale item you found, you might want to check for a separate Star Wars LEGO section. About a third of the Targets that I've been to have one. I think the following Star Wars sets have reduced (...) (22 years ago, 13-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Monthly Target and Toys R US report!

OK Target is open by me.. IT was FILLED with people too. At first I was cursing cause I couldn't find the lego. Then when I did all there was, was two smalls shelves of Henry Crapper Sets. I was mubbling to myself and starting walking out when WHAM (...) (22 years ago, 12-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Hi lucny

"Ed McGlynn" <ejmcglynn@netzero.net> wrote in message news:H3pss0.Is4@lugnet.com... (...) a lucny train it only has a base and simulated wheels ive quit the lucnyville building project for arcane inc making toa avatars for my brother and sisters (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: BIG Technic Brick

Wayne, those bricks are great. Really enjoyed looking at the pictures. So when will we see the 2x12? On a side note....living by the LEGO Outlet can be a real blessing, but also a huge drain on the cash flow... I have been there a total of 6 times (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: BIG Technic Brick

(...) awww, we still wanna see a 1x2 w/axle hole... (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: BIG Technic Brick

(...) believer. You've covered all the bases nicely. A few questions, my good man... Nicole had a great thought - what modeling a "1x2 with axle hole" brick? Any plans on enlarging the scale? What's the piece count on the 1x2? If that's after a few (...) (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Hi lucny

(...) Welcome, Duane! We're looking forward to your input. What're you working on? Ed (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Hi lucny

Hi Lucny I have my own email now and can post seperatly from Nicole. Heres to what I hope to be a great new undertaking. -- Duane Drumm (22 years ago, 9-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: BIG Technic Brick

Excellent Wayne. -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: drumm-family Bricklink Store: Drumm's Small Lots CLOSED! "Wayne Sardullo" <sardullo@oswego.edu> wrote in message news:H3oK0o.Bv4@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: BIG Technic Brick

(...) After a few drinks last night I continued on expanding the BIG Brick line.. Deep Links Only... Please forgive the pics My digital camera is a piece of crap. It takes nice close ups but horrible distance pics. I think I am going to go back to (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: BIG Technic Brick

(...) Yeah but that would have been easy. Plus.. If I'm really in the mood I want to make a 1x8 technic brick in blue. I already made another 1x4 last night... Check out other post... Wayne (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: BIG Technic Brick

"Wayne Sardullo" <sardullo@Oswego.edu> wrote in message news:H3Mzn0.EMI@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) for (...) You could have tried a 2x1 brick with a + in it instead of one with a hole. As for crazy I can help you with that. ;) -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: BIG Technic Brick

I will take better pictures tomorrow. I want to take the brick outside for natural light rather then the flash from the camera. Some simple notes on the brick. 10 studs wide 10 bricks high (doesn't include the 2 brick high Nub) total height 12 20 (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: BIG Technic Brick

Nice job : ) I'd love to make an ldraw model. Got any more pics ? -JSM Wayne Sardullo <sardullo@oswego.edu> wrote in message news:H3MuC6.1vr@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  BIG Technic Brick

Ok someone wanted to see one of these? I goofed around this weekend. (URL) (22 years ago, 7-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: New LUCNY MEMBER!

"Wayne Sardullo" <sardullo@oswego.edu> wrote in message news:H3IwKp.Jpt@lugnet.com... (...) Let the hazing begin! -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: drumm-family Bricklink Store: Drumm's Small Lots CLOSED! (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  A small request

As you all know, I operate a small shop on BrickLink that is fairly successful as far as small shops go. In an effort to save costs, I pack a lot of parts orders using the disposable plastic bags that Lego uses to pack pieces inside sets. No matter (...) (22 years ago, 6-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  New LUCNY MEMBER!

To ALL LUCNY members: I am happy to announce that we have a new member of LUCNY. Please give our newest member, Chuck Goelzer Lyons a warm welcome. Chuck is from Ithaca. He also like to brick housing and related building structures. I think this is (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lego kiosk in Johnson City NY

I want that one and that one and that one and that one... Great job! -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: drumm-family Bricklink Store: Drumm's Small Lots CLOSED! "Xanthra47" <jmantor@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message news:H3H450.Fy4@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 5-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lego kiosk in Johnson City NY

Hah! Those are great! What a neat idea. I zipped over to Syracuse at lunchtime today (about and hour each way ;) and had to drop into Carousel Mall to check out the Lego booth there, of course! I was amazed to discover no-one there in attendance!!!! (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lego kiosk in Johnson City NY

John, I've been working on re-creating the technic beams in the life-size supercars for pictures posted ont he 'net. They seem to be scaleX (10 * the size of regular bricks) Standard bricks and plates are easy to build and I've almost got the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: News Story: Adirondack Scenic Railroad Adds Cars...

"Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message news:H3Gs8t.6qr@lugnet.com... (...) Thanks Kevin! -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: drumm-family Bricklink Store: Drumm's Small Lots CLOSED! (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  News Story: Adirondack Scenic Railroad Adds Cars...

From the Utica, NY, Observer Dispactch newspaper SCENIC RAILROAD ADDS CARS TO COLLECTION (URL) railroad adds cars to collection Wed, Oct 2, 2002 By CECILIA LE Observer-Dispatch A line of new rail cars are connected to a Adirondack Scenic Railroad (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego kiosk in Johnson City NY

There are supposed to be two such kiosks in the Syracuse area also, one at Carousel (commented on already here by Wayne, if I recall correctly) and also at the Shoppingtown Mall in Dewitt. See Jake McKee's post and follow the link for a complete (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

If you succeed get me one too! ;) -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: drumm-family Bricklink Store: Drumm's Small Lots CLOSED! "John Barnes" <barnes@sensors.com> wrote in message news:H3F7x7.5xA@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Lego kiosk in Johnson City NY

Where is Johnson City? I love the pictures, or rather, I should say, I love those giant Technic beams. I want some!!! I wonder, if TLC are setting up these kiosks all over the place, if they made bunches of them? Bet they don't have them in S@H yet! (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Lego kiosk in Johnson City NY

Following images are of the Lego kiosk in the Oakdale Mall, Johnson City NY. (URL) didn't stay long, the clerk/cashier was creeping me out. -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: drumm-family Bricklink Store: Drumm's Small Lots CLOSED! (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

Surprisingly one or two of us should be able to make that. Cant be sure until around the 27th. -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: drumm-family Bricklink Store: Drumm's Small Lots CLOSED! "Kevin Salm" <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: October Meeting slated for Nov 02

(...) Really?! You're attending a RLD event there? Sounds great - have fun! Looking forward to the meeting - I'll be there. Ed *snip* (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: October Meeting slated for Nov 02

(...) As of right now, Im definitely there! Cant wait! Hopefully I can figure out a ride, and I think that will become clear in time, especially if someone like Alan Demlow were to go and would be gracious enough to take me along. :) Ive got a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: October Meeting slated for Nov 02

Sounds good to me! I'll be there. I'll be bringing the automation stuff, but I haven't done any switches though, just train detection and track power control. And I won't have time between now and then to start on any switch stuff I don't think. I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: October Meeting slated for Nov 02

As long as I am still in the area I think this date is fine. (...) The Deli makes GREAT subs. I had one after leaving Kevin's place. (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  October Meeting slated for Nov 02

ATTENTION LUCNY MEMBERS Plan now for the October meeting of LUCNY. DETAILS: ---...--- Date: NOVEMBER 02, 2002 Time: noon until 6PM or later Place: Parkside United Methodist Church Vernon Center, NY 13477 Located at junction of state routes 31 and 26 (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Almost complete...

(...) Actually since I took those new picts I have change the design again. I changed the gearing ratio on the fans and now you can actually see the fans move. They move faster now. I also changed the crown gears out to regular pulleys. It looks (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Almost complete...

"Wayne Sardullo" <sardullo@oswego.edu> wrote in message news:H2uMGy.EpE@lugnet.com... (...) Is it still slow like you mentioned or were you able to speed it up? (...) at (...) top. (...) in (...) of (...) What about independent battery power? -- (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Almost complete...

(...) Yeppiers, They are cooling fans and they actually spin. They are motorized via a micromotor in the base. Originally there was a chain drive that drove three cooling fans. After another look at a real GP-9 or at least the two I looked at have (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: Almost complete...

Is that the Scorpion you mentioned on the LUCNY site? Do the gears do something? Are they the cooling fans? -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: drumm-family Geekshelf Account: Drumm-Family Bricklink Store: drumm_family or Drumm's Small Lots (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Almost complete...

As some of you recall with our brief meeting in Great Northern Mall... The New baby of my rail yard is 99.99 percent complete. I figure if anything you might wanna see this, I'm not sure if its truely finished. I am still adding things and changing (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: GREAT NEWS!!!...!!!

"Wayne Sardullo" <sardullo@oswego.edu> wrote in message news:H2r4Kt.87@lugnet.com... (...) thought (...) Galidor sets as I see it aren't really Lego sets. They're action figures. So I agree. The two I currently have, have images in our brickshelf (...) (22 years ago, 21-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.loc.us.ny.roc, lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin)

  Re: GREAT NEWS!!!...!!!

Well now I have an excuse for going there! Thank you so much Wayne! -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: drumm-family Geekshelf Account: Drumm-Family Bricklink Store: drumm_family or Drumm's Small Lots "Wayne Sardullo" <sardullo@Oswego.edu> (...) (22 years ago, 21-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.loc.us.ny.roc, lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin)

  Re: GREAT NEWS!!!...!!!

---Snippage (...) Its outside of the actual stores in the walking area they have a small setup with Lego stuff. I was a little upset because they didnt have any train stuff and No technic... The main things were starwars, HP, Some Duplo, Bioncle and (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.loc.us.ny.roc, lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin)

  Re: GREAT NEWS!!!...!!!

(...) WooooHoooo!!! (...) Will Do, Maybe Tomorrow if we don't have anything planned. (...) Wait a minute... How Big is this place? Is it in a store front or a cart? Is it in the spot where Mikasa was? Or Compusa? Those stores downstairs were (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.loc.us.ny.roc, lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin)

  Re: GREAT NEWS!!!...!!!

(...) ...I'll have to check it out and introduce myself as well, so they know you're not totally whacked, Wayne! Grown people playing with LEGO bricks, indeed - and the buggers have formed a user group?! That's a pretty good location, I guess. I've (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.loc.us.ny.roc, lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin)

  GREAT NEWS!!!...!!!

I was in the Carosel Mall today and Came across a Small LEGO Store Selling LEGOS. Apparently they are working together with one of the bookstores. I was told depending on HOW GOOD things work out and sales they might go for a FULL FLEDGED STORE!!!! (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.loc.us.ny.roc, lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, lugnet.loc.us.ny.uti, lugnet.loc.us.ny.bin)

  Re: Requirements for Layout Design

Sounds good to me. Got to put up pictures of the car we are working on. -- Thanx~ Nicole Drumm MS (URL) Account: drumm-family Geekshelf Account: Drumm-Family Bricklink Store: drumm_family or Drumm's Small Lots "Wayne Sardullo" <sardullo@oswego.edu> (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: October Meeting -- Train/Town Layouts

"Ed McGlynn" <ejmcglynn@netzero.net> wrote in message news:H2J859.C4J@lugnet.com... <snip> (...) His problem isn't in the knowledge, its in the useage. (...) I think we may have to just schedule a different month for here in Bingo.. Eric is (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Requirements for Layout Design

I'm setting in Stone some "Absolute" requirements for consideration when you are building layout items that may include train tracks. This has come up on one of my own projects. I've corrected the issue. In light of this I'd like you all to consider (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Calling all Hunters!

Sorry for the drama it's been a rough morning. :) I'm looking for 8317: Allegra, from the Galidor line IN STORES. So what I'm asking is this: anyone who frequents, TRU, Target, Wal-mart, or Kmart let me know if you see this set. Don't get it for me. (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.galidor, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: October Meeting -- Train/Town Layouts

(...) Count me in! Ed (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

  Re: October Meeting -- Train/Town Layouts

(...) BC Transit bus lines run to both places, but I don't know Eric's location. (...) Certainly not ideal this time of year, and 9v-wise. (...) The group needs more answers than you can provide, I guess. Nicole, how else can we accomodate you? (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.us.lucny)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact