Re: Almost complete...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 21:57:41 GMT

"Wayne Sardullo" <sardullo@oswego.edu> wrote in message
news:H2uMGy.EpE@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Nicole Drumm writes:
Is that the Scorpion you mentioned on the LUCNY site?
Do the gears do something? Are they the cooling fans?

Yeppiers,
    They are cooling fans and they actually spin. They are motorized via a
micromotor in the base. Originally there was a chain drive that drove three

Is it still slow like you mentioned or were you able to speed it up?

cooling fans. After another look at a real GP-9 or at least the two I looked • at
have two main cooling fans and then various other vents up and around the • top.

I also was thinking of adding two lights but considering how much power this
Engine already uses its not a good idea. I still might consider adding them • in
the future but running this train on a LARGE layout might not be that good of
an Idea.

The other issue is I would like to make a matching dual unit. So it I do the
total  motor compacity is 4 9v drive motors and 2 micro motors... THATS alot • of
power!

What about independent battery power?
--
Thanx~