Re: Lego kiosk in Johnson City NY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 20:34:49 GMT

Hah! Those are great! What a neat idea.

I zipped over to Syracuse at lunchtime today (about and hour each way ;) and
had to drop into Carousel Mall to check out the Lego booth there, of course!
I was amazed to discover no-one there in attendance!!!! There were various
models dotted around on the outside of the booth, clearly stuck with double
sided tape. I know this because of the bare spots where there was still tape
but no model. I guess if they can't afford to man it, then it won't be there
long :( Well, at least the models won't.

But I did check out the giant beams. They are really nice, hollow with a
built in system of spot lights. I'd love to install beams like that in my
workshop!

I tried to email Jake at lego.america to ask him if there was anyway to get
them, but all my emails get bounced??

JB

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Jason S. Mantor writes:
John,
I've been working on re-creating the technic beams in the life-size
supercars for pictures posted ont he 'net.  They seem to be scaleX (10 * the
size of regular bricks)  Standard bricks and plates are easy to build and
I've almost got the technic holes correct.  Check out my brickshelf gallery
: )

    -JSM

John Barnes <barnes@sensors.com> wrote in message
Where is Johnson City?

I love the pictures, or rather, I should say, I love those giant Technic
beams. I want some!!! I wonder, if TLC are setting up these kiosks all • over
the place, if they made bunches of them? Bet they don't have them in S@H
yet! Wonder if I should ask on dear.lego?

JB

In lugnet.general, Nicole Drumm writes:
Following images are of the Lego kiosk in the Oakdale Mall,
Johnson City NY.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/drumm-family/general/mvc-552s.jpg