Re: Largest train car dimensions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 15:23:50 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Duane Drumm writes:
I would like to know the longest and widest train car dimensions
and still have it run properly on a track.
--
Duane Drumm

I've run 14 wides with no problem.  I routinely run passenger cars that are 62
studs long.

These aren't the *longest*-- I'm not really sure anyone has cared to find out
the maximums, although for length around curves, the maximum distance between
the trucks merely needs to be slightly shorter than the width of the 180 degree
curve on which you are testing it.  And even that's assuming a rigid frame.  If
you articulate your frame and body, there isn't any limit, except for the
amount of track you've laid out.

-John