Re: Largest train car dimensions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 2002 05:09:43 GMT

LUCNY to date has not offically determined what the LUCNY Standard is.. Most of
us build to 6 wide. I honestly think 8 wide is a little much but, it does have
its benefits. My only complaint about it is when you go with one size over
another the rest of the train cars look silly. There is a funny thing about the
whole Train issue that I am running into.. When I first started I used to build
OK stuff... As I get myself really into it I find my past stuff to be almost
silly. So I think its time to go over everything I have and give it a facelift..

Since I decided to focus on the train side I will limit it to Quality and not
quantity. As for my Current Project. The Main General Purpose Engines are Done
for LUCNYville. The GP-9 #3311 is used for hauling the Trak-Works Crane and
Flatbed for repairs. The GP-9 #3312 is used within town to take car of all the
other work needed in town..  The only other Major taking for the Project is a
Future Design of the RoundHouse which got put on hold due to Time and location
of where I live and do not have the resources to continue the project until I
get my own house.   I glad I decided to wait because as the time goes on I have
other designs and ways to handle the roundhouse. My only concern is as I plan
it, it keeps getting bigger..  With this design a few 4884 Steam trains will
have to be designed to go with the roundhouse.

(AS A NOTE TO LUCNY) If your going to build any Steam Trains or LARGER engines
let me know what the lengths are for each... As it stands now my plan will be
to make the roundhouse turntable to use 4 or 5 Segments of Straight Track.