Subject:
State of LUCNY (Website and Me)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 03:02:23 GMT

As you all know there is a meeting set for the first week in nov. I do hope
most of the members will be aval to get together.

I also have some possible bad news as far as continuing my support for LUCNY as
the Chief and Webmaster. I will have my final answer next friday if I will be
staying in the area. If this job falls threw I will be leaving CNY. I've tried
to ride most of my unemployment but, I've just about run out of time. While it
may still be possible I am not that optimistic. This means that some things
will have to change. While I still do value the group and don't want to leave I
would rather leave the responsibility to a CNY member who can at least take a
small amount of time to keep things rolling. There is also another
consideration over the LUCNY Website. I would like it to goto someone who has
the space and time to upkeep the site. This doesn't have to happen right away.
I wouldn't offically be leaving until mid Nov.

My other concern is even though I will have my Oswego account for life I have
to send the update renewal form by Dec to comfirm my use of the account so its
not lost. If for some reason I forget to or decided not to renew it I don't
want it to be lost forever. I will try and correct this issue by burning the
website to CD so its backed up but I need to get another burner. Mine died a
few weeks ago. I can also probably mail it to someone.

Anyone want to take the site over? Kevin? you mentioned a while ago you had
some webspace?  just on a note I will be writting up a basic README file for
the items I send in the directory. Its not hard to update once you know where
stuff has to go.

The other news I have is, While I move back to my original location back down
state I will still be looking for possible jobs that may come up in this area.
There are still one or two other jobs that I heard may resurface starting next
year after the holidays. Everything has just came in at once and since my Lease
is up on the apartment, I do not feel to comfortable releasing for an
additional year with no jobs on my list.

I'm pretty sure I may be able to squeeze in the meeting however, bringing my
layout stuff isnt going to happen since most of it is packed away already.

As I mentioned earlier this is still up in the air but, I just wanted you guys
to know now so its not such a suprise when next week comes.

Wayne