Re: Monthly Target and Toys R US report!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Sun, 13 Oct 2002 23:15:59 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, John Herre writes:
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Wayne Sardullo writes:

Only SALE was the Ogel Squid marked 4.99 down from 7.99 I bought a few of
those...

I haven't seen your Target, but if thats the only sale item you found, you
might want to check for a separate Star Wars LEGO section.  About a third of
the Targets that I've been to have one.  I think the following Star Wars sets
have reduced prices at Target nationally (prices are rounded up to the nearest
dollar)

This is a Brand New store, so discounts are unlikely at this time.

All the new TARGET stores in New York State opened for business on October 09
with official Grand Opening scheduled for October 19.  We now have Target
stores in Clay, Fayetteville, New Hartford, and Ithaca.

Also happening this week are the final days for AMES stores. While some stores
have already closed, the last remaining ones are doing final preparations to
close permanently.

News on KMart is not good.  I have heard that the final days for (some?)
KMART stores is just after January 01 of next year.

Personally, I will miss Kmart and especially Ames.  I guess this means I will
be forced to shop at Walmart and Target for everyday household items and also
for Lego products.  The loss of convenient home-town stores for behemoth stores
located in high-traffic areas is not something I consider to be a good thing.
Overall Lego-wise I expect to be better off with larger selections and
opportunity for deep discounts, but I don't consider this enough reason to be
happy.  Now I will really have to search out alternatives to shopping at
Walmart whenever possible.

____