Subject:
Nov 02 Meeting might be cancelled
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 01:09:29 GMT

Hi all.  I have been doing a lot of last-minute building for the upcoming
meeting on November 02.  For now, it looks like I might be the only one to
enjoy what I have done.  At this time I think it would be better to cancel
this meeting.  I will make my final determination in 24 to 48 hours.  If you
have something to report that is different than that listed below, please
let us know.

As of right now, the only solid committments I have are John Barnes, John
Rudy, Ed McGlynn, Wayne Sardullo, and myself.

Dave Amos, Cornell Univ student in Ithaca really wants to come to this, but
I don't know how to get him here.

Peter Jarvis was all set to come, but his employer has just today announced
mandatory overtime starting immediately and continuing through the end of
January.  So he is now scheduled to work 12 hours Friday nite and again on
Saturday.  That knocks him out.

Alan Demlow has indicated that he will be unable to come.  That means Dave
Amos cannot travel with either of them.  If I drive all the way to Ithaca to
pick up Dave, I won't be able to spend the time setting up that I expect I
will need.

Nate Jacobs in away at school and cannot attend.

The Drumm Family has recently indicated that they cannot make the trip.

John Rudy will be taking S.A.T. exams that morning and should be thinking
about stuff more important than Lego.  He was planning on arriving a bit
late but was solidly committed.

John Barnes has been anticipating this event ever since the day I announced
the date.  As far as I know, he is still planning to come.

Wayne Sardullo was still planning to come as of his last communication.

Ed McGlynn sent me an email 24 hours ago indicating that he is prepared to
participate.

I had invited a few other people but did not receive any replies so was not
expecting any new faces.

Wayne invited a new member who lives in Ithaca, but I do not have a name or
any details.

That is all the news I have for now.  If those that CAN attend would still
like to get together, I am still very willing to host the event Nov 02.
After that, I am willing to have visitors to my home to see my Lego room
almost anytime.  As this was likely to be our last attempt to have a meeting
in the year 2002, I am a bit saddened that it may have to be called off.
Also, it would have been our final farewell to our tireless leader Wayne who
has been forced to decide on relocation back downstate in search of
employment.

__Kevin Salm__
host of the Nov 02 LUCNY meeting

....Guess Things Happen That Way....