Re: October Meeting -- Train/Town Layouts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.lucny
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 13:00:45 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Nicole Drumm writes:
"Ed McGlynn" <ejmcglynn@netzero.net> wrote in message
In lugnet.org.us.lucny, Nicole Drumm writes:
Well first we need a place.
Train station is free. Library is $35 and 5 days notice.
Any others?
--

Yes - Oakdale Mall food court and Wegman's Food Court (ran into a mahjohnng
club meeting there once).  Is the train station indoors/heated/lighted?

This may actually be a problem for Eric. He's moved out of my house. He's got
no
transport besides his two feet. So if its outside his walking range, he can't
get there.

BC Transit bus lines run to both places, but I don't know Eric's location.

I don't know, but I'll ask.
Station is outside. Not lighted.
Bench images: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=234247 and

Certainly not ideal this time of year, and 9v-wise.

Of note - Food courts are ad-hoc and require little planning.  Is the $35
refundable if planning changes after reservation at the main branch BC
library?

From what I understand, no. Then again I don't have the paperwork.

The group needs more answers than you can provide, I guess.
Nicole, how else can we accomodate you?  Should we schedule a meeting anyway?

Ed