 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *5459 (-100)
  Lego at Dixie Value Mall

Hey guys. I was over at Dixie Value Mall (QEW and Dixie Road) and there's a new store called Toy Planet. It's only been open a few months but has never had Lego-just cheap crap. Anyways, the place looks like Bricks and Blocks, but is not related. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Fw: And you thought blockstacking was hard...

  Re: Thoughts on a Ship/Rail cargo area for altenburg

I like this idea too. I thing it would be cool, especially if it can be automated in some way. I was thinking, instead of placing the docks on the inside of the loop how about placing them on the outside. If we moved the docks to the west side of (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Thoughts on a Ship/Rail cargo area for altenburg

Jeff, Looks brilliant. Have you thought about building docks/channels left-to-right? From the map, it looks like you're doing an "alongside" pier. Either is good; alongside gives you more space, but channels allow you to build cranes which span a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Jeff Van Winden" <jeff.vanwinden@emergis.com> wrote in message news:H3BBqn.36n@lugnet.com... (...) It would be a lot of fun to work together on something like that. (...) nest (...) Fa sheeze! Iain (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Thoughts on a Ship/Rail cargo area for altenburg

(...) Sweet.... I ws kind of thinking along those line, (getting your help to design/build something that actually works!) (...) And hopefully get everyone to create some, so that we would have lots of excess containers to pile up. Jeff VW (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Thoughts on a Ship/Rail cargo area for altenburg

(...) Jeff, if this goes ahead, I'd love to help out / design / build the cargo crane itself. I think that's something I could handle. I had one built and ready to go for train1, remember, that was destroyed in a spasm of passion. I wouldn't be good (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Thoughts on a Ship/Rail cargo area for altenburg

Over the past while I have been rying to figure out what to do for train 4... After watching a show on crains on TLC I had a thought about building a Ship/Rail cargo area. I was thinking of having a large (working?) crane for unloading vessels, and (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Boso View Express

Hi folks, I found a little gem of a game today called Boso View Express. It's a realistic 3D train driving simulator which lets you drive a Japanese DMU along a section of track in what appears to be rural Japan. If you've ever wanted to be a train (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A sad tale

(...) You know that episode of the Simpsons where Homer screams in agony because someone burns a donut? (URL) how I feel. I did however find a small Adventurers set which is at Winners with two of those slopes. I ended up buying a few of them for (...) (22 years ago, 1-Oct-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  A sad tale

While in line for Shiva's Fury at Canada's Wonderland on Saturday, I saw a red inverted 1x3 slope in the ride area. I didn't pick it up, but I thought about doing so. Iain (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Parts trading at next dinner....

(...) In case no one does trade or sell you one, you can always find a 9732 Extreme Creatures Expansion set, which is often discounted. Calum (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Parts trading at next dinner....

(...) Hey John, Somehow I acquired 3 of those Fibre Optic thingys. I'll bring one to next dinner for ya. I'll also bring my copy of the space shuttle. Take care Dave (22 years ago, 30-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Parts trading at next dinner....

Hi guys I'm in the process of building the 8480 Space Shuttle out of my own parts, and I'm missing one not-so-critical assembly: the fiber optic lighting element and 8 strands. After the shuttle, I'll probably use them to simulate a distributor and (...) (22 years ago, 29-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Walmart Clearance Deals...

I saw something that really caught my eye today at Walmart. I seen a whole bunch of the Dino Adventure Line-up sets (especially the large Dino Research Lab) and also lots of copies of Bulls Attack (Knights Kingdom). I know Adventure sets aren't a (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: YAHOOOOOO!!!

Posted to RTL Toronto because it applied to Canadian Lego Prices/Local Golden Horshoe Pricing. (...) Zounds!!! over 3000 pieces (making it the largest and most pieces set in Lego History) ... also the most expensive set (well highest MSRP) lego has (...) (22 years ago, 28-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  YAHOOOOOO!!!

(URL) Dec 6th! (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The Sears wish book is out! (apparently a month ago in TO)

Just wanted to X-post this to loc.ca I received my Wish Book this week, and wanted to point out the Sopwith Camel for only $70 (mine cost nearly $100 when I ordered it from S@H last August, after shipping, tax and the currency exchange). I hadn't (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Visit to MDRobotics/SPAR

(...) They specifically pointed out they used VxWorks because of being able to program in C++. I've noticed a lot of their job ads etc stress object oriented programming experience. Apparently the older arms are done with much lower level (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 6 wide clearence in corners

A time and place have not been decided yet. At my current build rate I'm hoping for mid to late November. :-) Derek (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Fw: 4107 at Toy R Us $29.99

  RE: Visit to MDRobotics/SPAR

(...) Overkill on the OS, but then again it's off the shelf so you don't need to spend 1 or 2 man years designing, coding, and testing.... (...) Yes!!! Small teams of dedicated smart people can make all the difference. Cheers, Ralph (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 6 wide clearence in corners

hey guys, a little bit out of the subject but when are you planing to do Train 4? I didn't saw any date on peach. I'll like to go and meet you again if I can. Martin (22 years ago, 26-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Visit to MDRobotics/SPAR

Hey folks, Last night I visited MacDonald Dettwiler Robotics (MDRobotics), formerly known as SPAR Aerospace, the Canadian company that brought you the Canadarm Remote Manipulator System. The Toronto chapter of INCOSE, the International Council on (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  4107 at Toy R Us $29.99

I was just at the Toy R Us at Yonge and Queen and it has the new 4107 creator bucket for $29.99. I'm disapointed but not surprised by the price. It's exactly what I was expecting. I was hoping for the $24 to $26 range the 3033 ended with. Now if (...) (22 years ago, 27-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 6 wide clearence in corners

(...) > (...) Yes, I'm building the outer loop to fit the Go Train and Altenburg to fit the Metroliner. However there may be some 6 wide cars out there that people have build that should be able to run the inner loop. I don't want to unnessisarily (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: 6 wide clearence in corners

The camera car is the car which originally caused the requirements that we posted for 8-wide clearance: 15-some tall, and 10 wide right-of-way. It's a short car, though. I thought we were doing the following: Altenburg: 6 wide clearance of (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12: Trebuchets proposal

(...) What about launching your mini-fig of choice? Finally, a good use for Jar-Jar... It doesn't really matter if they fly 'well', just that they all fly the same. If a golf ball is used, everyone is going to end up doing a lot more walking, trying (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  6 wide clearence in corners

I'm currently working on the inner loop tunnel under Altenburg. This loop only needs to be 6 wide compliant, and I've already made it impossible for some of my 8 wide trains to use it. :-) What I need to know is, what is the largest "6 wide" car (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Option 81C Down Under

Hey folks, I got this email the other day from a former coworker from Nortel Edmonton who I had managed to help find a job in Australia: (...) Apparently this guy at this Australian company had randomly found the Lego Option81C and had put a print (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Robocoaster revisited

(...) See, I just knew some enterprising soul would put all those now out of work industrial painting robots to work! Chris (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Robocoaster revisited

(URL) Iain (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  ...KMart Technic Motor Packs...

(...) I thought this would a good spot to post this. I was browsing for Lego and spotted a brand spankin' new KMart in Niagara Falls. I looked down the LEGO aisle, and saw that they had a row of LEGO Technic Motor sets.... with the 9V geared motor, (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12: Trebuchets proposal

(...) My neighbour would find it entirely amusing.... seeing ABS getting launched via the Mindstorm stuff. (...) .... or your "favorite" Lego Theme... like Jack Stone or Bionicle... stuff you'd really like to throw.... (cough...cough...) I mean give (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12: Trebuchets proposal

(...) Of course, some of us have neighbours, too... and this is my impression of what a neighbour would hear: <faint whirring> <mumbled shout>Fiyuh inna hoe! <BLANGKRUNCH against the wall> <insane giggling> repeat.... I think that we could design a (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Chris Magno" <cmagno@rogers.com> wrote in message news:3D8F8F1E.481376...ers.com... (...) Exactly, that's why I think the accuracy thing is hard to do, becuase for those of us who don't have big backyards or whatever, it's impossible to test and (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12: Trebuchets proposal

just to let you all know, as you have seen from this photo, (URL) have experience in creating simple small things that inadvertently LAUNCH things that have the potential to HURT small children that say "... hey mister...." do we really want to do a (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12: Trebuchets proposal

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Larry Pieniazek writes: <snip> (...) With Larry on this (coming up to partake Larry?)... I would love to see a set circle, like Calum said, that gets smaller and smaller every round But I would also like to see what (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  mmm, Star Wars

(URL) I want it now!!! Derek (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12: Trebuchets proposal

I'd love to, but I'm away during that period :( Always the same story... I think the precision contest is more interesting, the distance contest that some are suggesting might be worth doing, but it seems that I'd be much more likely to damage my (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  O.T. request for volunteers

To RTLToronto, I have been approached by one of the organizers of an upcoming non-lego robot game info here: (URL) pass on a request for people to help out with many of these games. Now, the message was not the most clear, but the word judging came (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Review: 7396 Creator Clock

7396 Lego Time / Clock Creator Alarm Clock Ages N/A, 10 Pcs. (Unofficial Count) (C)2001. 3 manual pages, one describing clock features, a second showing how to read a clock, and the third explaining the warranty in several languages. Price Range: (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.reviews)

  Re: And you thought blockstacking was hard...

(...) I agree with your rant. When we all were hunter-gatherers, we had no free time, every waking moment was needed to keep ourselves fed and sheltered. Large amounts of free time are a sign of an at least moderately successful society. Being able (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto12: Trebuchets proposal

(...) Well I WASN'T thinking that, honest. Until you pointed it out. :-) (...) Maybe have two classes, accuracy and distance? (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:H2twoo.2wz@lugnet.com... (...) SI? :( (Like seriously, what is every american thinking who reads this? OH LOOK ALL CANADIANS ARE JUST YUPPIE CHILDREN WHO ALSO USE A PIECE OF CRAP MEASURING (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtlToronto12: Trebuchets proposal

Hi folks, Well, it looks like many folks would like to do vending machines in March at the Library, and there's folks building for train4, which I'm looking forward to (I'm building a TGV/Thalys like train!) even though a concrete date isn't set for (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: And you thought blockstacking was hard...

(...) at our next lunch I will actually SAY all the things that I am not allowed to post here. and I think she is purple... so that makes it even worse. WOW, those are fast hands. -- Chris (22 years ago, 21-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Angelo Castellano" <statsone@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:002a01c26115$42...9rt100b... (...) I hate to do this, but I just finished a rant on rec.roller-coaster about that phrase. What exactly does "way too much free time on their hands" (...) (22 years ago, 21-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Fw: And you thought blockstacking was hard...

  And you thought blockstacking was hard...

(URL) Iain (22 years ago, 21-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: New Stuff at Walmart and Winners

(...) I haven't been to Walmart in a bit, but last time I went to Winners near my house, the selection was rather weak...they had just moved their Lego around for the third time this year. Their HP sets are over priced, but they do have a unusually (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DeskPals and CUTEST THING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH

(...) set is 3621 from their "Explore" line (their Duplo replacement) ... set name is Polar Animals and the Suggested Retail Price is 24.99 which would bring the price to almost $40 CDN, if bought at full retail. I think the penguins are very (...) (22 years ago, 20-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?

"Jeff Elliott" <jeffe@telepres.com> wrote in message news:3D89E534.6FE52B...res.com... (...) There isn't any flex tubing in Derek's *axles*, he's got it between the crosses in the 2x1x0.5 beams that are shown as 3x1x0.5 beams. But what I don't get (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: i'm back....

(...) actually, I was lurking a couple days when I had the chance to go down to the library at Fort Drum (in Watertown), and it looked like there was a lot of discussion, especially about flex axles. I am waiting for my big check from Uncle Sam so I (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: i'm back....

(...) :) Good to have u back Ben! t'was far too quiet with out you... --==Richard==-- (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  i'm back....

just posting to let everyone that i am now back from my vacation?? and am ready to get back into do some lego fun. Ben sorry my posting was so short, but my mom wants me to go and help her friend move.... <sigh> (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A pile of Rock Raiders and a headache.

(...) I call for dibs on the capes… ~PLEASE!!! C’mon! It’s not like a ‘cape’ is gonna add to their building experience. Plus, It’d probably be wise to nix this minifig accessory cause it’ll eventually become worn-out an’ possible soiled! (it’ll (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?

(...) I think you've go it a little mixed up. The wheels in my truck are taken from the 9V train wheel block. (URL) are surprisingly easy to pop out. Never thought of doing this before though. The metal axle that holds the two wheels together is the (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?

Sorry to jump into the thread late and dumb, but *doh*... Looking at the rendering... you've captured a flex tube between two of those motor-mounting 2x1 plates with the extra bit on them? And that's your axle for the train? I think that's one of (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: A pile of Rock Raiders and a headache.

(...) You dont need them all do you? 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  A pile of Rock Raiders and a headache.

I've managed to train the grad students and administrators in my research lab to automatically call me before buying any piece of equipment-whether it's a new workstation, test tool, or imaging device. University purchasing is truly an art--we have (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DeskPals and CUTEST THING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH

(...) Bah. Join a theatre group. We have a full skeleton and several plastic skulls kicking around - some of them literally, my kids play with them. :) (not to mention a housefull of other less macabre props) James (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: DeskPals and CUTEST THING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH

(...) That's nothing. it has always been my dream to own a full-size plastic human skeleton. For the sole purpose of storing it in my hallway closet. when nosey guest were wandering the home they might discover the "skeleton in my closet." My Wife (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  DeskPals and CUTEST THING ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH

While my car was being serviced tonight, my mom picked me up and we went out to dinner (our waitress was BJORK'S TWIN SISTER. My mom said she could take our picture together but I didn't want to freak her out. So when I got home I took a picture (...) (22 years ago, 19-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: for those who don't have enough 9V geared motors...

I'll split the cost of any of these kits you can get your hands on - you keep the motor and battery box and cables. I actually like the ZNAP kits and have a lot of the structural parts.... Cheers, Ralph (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  for those who don't have enough 9V geared motors...

Hi all, .... the Party Packagers store at Orfus Rd & Caledonia in North York has a couple of the large 3571 ZNAP sets with motors for $10. Boxes are a little opened/damaged, so make sure you check the contents for those incredibly useful and (...) (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Derek Raycraft" <derek.raycraft@sitraka.com> wrote in message news:3D87C15D.803080...aka.com... (...) You guys are so good at this! Iain (22 years ago, 18-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?

(...) Ok so I finish the base of the truck. (URL) is the older design. I still need to find the model for the 2 long half beam so I can model the new design. Derek (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?

(...) I'm not sure what was meant by saying flex tubing was used in design of the trucks discused in that thread. I did up a diagram of my truck, but I can't post it at the moment. Hopefully later tonight or tomorrow. Basicly you pop the wheels out (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H2L3L5.Hsu@lugnet.com... (...) used (...) flex tubing with this? Iain (STILL confused about the trucks) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  New Stuff at Walmart and Winners

Just found 4105 for $14.99 at Walmart today. This is the 500 piece Creator bucket. A little expensive, but a nice assortment. They also have the green and orange Duplo buckets in too. Also found a number of clocks for $29.99 there too-there's a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?

(...) hehe, what could you be referring too? :-) Actually the point has become moot. As it turns out the interference of other parts has made it unnessisary to cut flex tubing after all. The pneumatic T-connector will do just fine. Its nice to know (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?

(...) Yes I think this is the part Iain is wondering about. (...) Yes I'm using a similar design, to what they are talking about in this thread, for my trucks. Derek (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?

(...) Yes this is one of the parts I'm talking about, but I don't think it's the one Iain is wondering about. Derek (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?

(...) I'm tremendously glad to see the consensus on this one! I've taken my knife to many a flex tube, usually with nagging doubts as to the purity of that act. The ultra-purists in NELUG seem comfortable with it, but it's nice to know that others (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?

(...) will the REAL derek please stand up? BTW cut NOTHING!!! I don't cut my lego parts and I'm a better man for it..... Sure my Search sub and 8460 look a bit odd, but i still have very long pneumatic tubing. Fight the urge, be lego pure. :) . .. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?

(...) (URL) over in .trains posted a design for low profile trucks that used flex tubing and uses that door rail part.... this post is the start of a thread about it. (URL) might not be what was meant though. Hope that helps. 1 - collaborative (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?

(...) Snipped - The message and the hoses :) I believe that Derek is talking about this peice. (URL) VW (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?

(...) (I did say IIRC!... so I didn't RC this time)... well I left myself an escape clause: "if you know they cut it during manufacturing" which they clearly do... they do not MOLD it to all those different lengths, you can see the cut marks. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?

(...) No. Flex tube is abundant in a number of sets including the RIS package, the DDK, the RC Racer, the Gungan Sub etc. Go right ahead! Calum (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?

(...) I don't think so. Pnuematic tubing yes, but flex tubing is generally already supplied in the correct lengths. But I say go ahead & cut it anyway! ROSCO (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?

(...) I figure if you can find an instruction that LEGO(r) published that shows a particular thing being cut, or if you know they cut it during manufacturing, it's OK to cut that thing yourself too. IIRC LEGO has shown Flex tube being cut in (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Friday Dinner and the absence of Dave

(...) Oh, you want to talk network problems eh? We (the Interactive Media Lab, home of Peach and other such things) moved into the brand new, $104 million Bahen Center for IT at the University last month. Since then, while all of our MIE powered (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Derek Raycraft" <derek.raycraft@sitraka.com> wrote in message news:3D86611F.506050...aka.com... (...) ::scratches head:: I can't picture what piece you're talking about: "those 1x2 plates with the groves on the sides". I'm really curious about what (...) (22 years ago, 17-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Friday Dinner and the absence of Dave

(...) At 4:54 p.m. today, I was shutting dowm my laptop, settling myself down to another week of Windsor not being connected--after all, I was on the phone the entire day with a variety of different companies and services... At 4:55 p.m. the branch (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft writes: <snip> (...) The GMLTC cuts flex tubing all the time! We absolutely frown on cutting any LEGO pieces, but we conveniently turn the other cheek when it comes to flex tubing... So, go ahead and (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?

I'm trying to get the tilt mechanism of my tilting train lower to the ground so I can make the joint between two cars lower to the ground. This will make it easier to connect the two cars with a more useful walk through. First step was to remove the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Attn: Train Heads

Just fyi...there is a train show coming up in Brampton, fair size, no Lego, but good for ideas... Brampton Model Railroad Show October 5-6, 2002 - Brampton Fairgrounds,8 km North of Bovaird Dr., on Hwy 410/Heartlake Rd. 10:30am - 4:30pm. Adults (...) (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Needed: A Game for rtlToronto12 and 13 ASAP

(...) Yes, plus some of John Barnes' sensors. And maybe some non-Lego stuff for the extinguishing, but its mostly Lego. Rob (22 years ago, 15-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Friday Dinner and the absence of Dave

Hey Mister! Your joke... Sorry, I just had to. :) (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Friday Dinner and the absence of Dave

Dave, are you sure it is not a OS problem? ;) sorry i just had to. :) -- Chris (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Friday Dinner and the absence of Dave

So here I am at work in Burlington at 10:55 a.m., looking forward to dinner at Mels. However, by 11:00 a.m. on Friday the 13th (go figure), I was on the road to Windsor, Ontario (3 hours away). It seems that the issues the branch was strugging with (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: (Mel's trading!)

never mind... as it turns out, i won't be able to make it. :( perhaps next time. -R (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  (Mel's trading!)

Helloooooooo, Well does anyone wanna trade? All I really need is 4: Qui Gon Jin’s & 5: Battle droids I'll pay $cash$ The Darth Maul’s & ninja body armor are jus’ extras if anyone wants to sell them! -R (...) (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Needed: A Game for rtlToronto12 and 13 ASAP

(...) Rob, are you building your robot with JUST lego for this fire fighting event?? -- Chris (22 years ago, 13-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Needed: A Game for rtlToronto12 and 13 ASAP

I agree wholeheartedly with Derek. The Library would be a good place for the vending machines. I probably wouldn't be able to build a vending machine by November. I am focussed right now on building my fire extinguishing robot. Rob "Derek Raycraft" (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Needed: A Game for rtlToronto12 and 13 ASAP

I go for dem killa bots. Der... I mean bricks. Yeah. killa bricks. That's what I meant to say. :-) DOC (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Castors

I'm going to be in Montreal instead of Mel's. Go figure. But here's what I do: I put as much weight over the drive wheels as possible. This improves traction. I use a 2x2 round plate with the curved, smooth bottom, the one used on boats in Town. Or (...) (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is Kate coming?

(...) I could probably convince kate to come by. It would only be for a few hours because we will all be heading out to see DOC at the other meeting..... either way Mel's has a fine (grease less) chicken breast salad.... (fyi) -- Chris (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Is Kate coming?

(...) Yeah, I know. I read that after I posted. Too bad. Regina was looking forward to a night at Swiss Chalet. After I described the greasiness of the food at Mel's, Regina refuses to go there. Can't blame her, really. Matthias Jetleb (22 years ago, 12-Sep-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact