 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5431
5430  |  5432
Subject:
6 wide clearence in corners
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 15:56:02 GMT

I'm currently working on the inner loop tunnel under Altenburg.  This
loop only needs to be 6 wide compliant, and I've already made it
impossible for some of my 8 wide trains to use it. :-)

What I need to know is, what is the largest "6 wide" car that I can
build to ensure that everyones 6 wide trains will be able to make it
through turns in the tunnel.

There are a few Lego build cars that define needed clearances:  The MOT
Tanker car, because it's actually 8 wide, the nose on the Santa Fe,
because it sticks forward more then most engines, and the Club Car
because it uses the longest base.

What else have people build that might cause interference in corners?
Give me dimensions and I'll build a test car to ensure you can make it
through.  What are the requirements for the Camera Car?

Thanks,

Derek