 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5434
Re: 6 wide clearence in corners
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 21:41:07 GMT

Jeff Elliott wrote:
The camera car is the car which originally caused the requirements that
we posted for 8-wide clearance:  15-some tall, and 10 wide
right-of-way.  It's a short car, though. •  >
I thought we were doing the following:

Altenburg: 6 wide clearance of Metroliner
Outerloop: Go train
Innerloop: camera car

Yes, I'm building the outer loop to fit the Go Train and Altenburg to
fit the Metroliner.  However there may be some 6 wide cars out there
that people have build that should be able to run the inner loop.  I
don't want to unnessisarily exclude a car.

The problem comes down to the curve.  I have no problem with the 10 wide
15 high tunnel for the straight part of the tunnel.  However a
particularly long car may cut corners more then that, and an engine with
a long nose might interfere with the outside of a curve more this would
allow.

I'm thinking Calum's new high speed train might fit the long nose category.

I'd like to build mochup cars for testing because I need to account for
the curve and switchs.

I guess if all else fails any car that can't make it around the inner
loop can always use the outer loop.

Derek

ps. Speaking of switchs can I borrow two switchs?
pps. Did you want to move the switchs under Altenburg to give you more
space for the lower train station?