 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5412
Re: And you thought blockstacking was hard...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2002 03:28:53 GMT

"Angelo Castellano" <statsone@sympatico.ca> wrote in message

http://www.speedstacks.com/videos/emily.htm

Way too much free time.

I hate to do this, but I just finished a rant on rec.roller-coaster about
that phrase.  What exactly does "way too much free time on their hands"
mean?  I've heard this so much as a derigotary remark used by people who
don't understand something and just want to bash them down and build
themselves up or something.  Like when someone on the Westcoaster message
boards posted a link to someone who'd built some LEGO rides, everyone
replied saying "WHOAH!!!!! SOMEONES GOT WAY TOO MUCH FREE TIME ON THEIR
HANDS!"

But what does that mean?!  Everybody's got different interests and hobbies.
Like I'm siting here, half an hour to midnight, looking up video clips of
CNC Turning Centres.  I could be out clubbing but instead I'm siting here
like a dork.  I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I just don't understand
the term "way too much free time".  It just doesn't make sense when I put
the words together.  Free time would be any time you're not doing what,
working? school? friends?  So how can you have too much of that?  Is that to
say it makes you a better human being if you don't have any free time to
yourself?

I keep to myself as much as possible.  But I already know what I am.

Sigh.

    Iain (pronounced "Loser")