 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5425
Re: rtlToronto12: Trebuchets proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 23:26:31 GMT

Iain Hendry wrote:

"Chris Magno" <cmagno@rogers.com> wrote in message

do we really want to do a game where we can not test the thing where we
build???

Exactly, that's why I think the accuracy thing is hard to do, becuase for
those of us who don't have big backyards or whatever, it's impossible to
test and set up!

If it's just "go as far as you can", that's a little easier, because you
just design it to gun stuff at the wall as hard as you can.

    Iain

Of course, some of us have neighbours, too...  and this is my impression
of what a neighbour would hear:

<faint whirring>
<mumbled shout>Fiyuh inna hoe!
<BLANGKRUNCH against the wall>
<insane giggling>
repeat....

I think that we could design a standard Lego "shell" to fire easily
enough.  ABS is a fair bit denser than water, so if we build something
4x4x3.1 or 6x6x5 out of plates, it should be pretty heavy and pretty
dense.

And if you're worried about destroying it, mock one up outta mega
blocks.  Or wrap it in neoprene.

:)

Jeff E