 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5415
Re: rtlToronto12: Trebuchets proposal
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 11:37:06 GMT

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message

The target will be 50 feet away from the launch line.  It will begin as a

SI?  :(

(Like seriously, what is every american thinking who reads this? OH LOOK ALL
CANADIANS ARE JUST YUPPIE CHILDREN WHO ALSO USE A PIECE OF CRAP MEASURING
SYSTEM!  HAHAHA WE OWN CANADA.)

target 10 feet in diameter, as defined by a length of (garden hose, • ethernet
cable) in a circle.  As each round goes on, the circle is reduced in size.

-Machine must fit into a cube 36" max in any dimension
-The projectile will be predetermined (not golf balls, Park bylaws • prohibit
golfing) such as a wheel hub/tire or walnut or something.

Anyone interested?

Yes, but its got to be a projectile that is small and SOLID otherwise it
won't fly worth a tinker's damn.  And I think we should see who can fling
the farthest, not make a set distance.  I know that the hallway in my
building isn't high enough to do a 15 m distance.

    Iain