 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5409
Re: New Stuff at Walmart and Winners
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 04:21:09 GMT

Just found 4105 for $14.99 at Walmart today.  This is the 500 piece Creator
bucket.  A little expensive, but a nice assortment.  They also have the
green and orange Duplo buckets in too.

Also found a number of clocks for $29.99 there too-there's a Soccer one, a
Space (LOM) one, a Jack Stone one, a Creator one (least offensive) and I
think a Harry Potter one, but I could be wrong about the latter.

Winners are starting to get the Duplo Eggs that you can make those cool
spaceships from the Alphabet Fighter project with.  Problem is head office
has priced the ENTIRE DOZEN of eggs at $29.99, not individually.

Like going to the store, buying a dozen eggs, and finding you've paid $60
and there's pantyhose inside them.

If anyone knows where to find the Lego Baby Giraffe, please let me know.
I've been to a few Winners and haven't managed to find it yet.  I'm trying
to find it to give as a baby warming present to a former coworker--I'm
usually amused at the unusual stuff I have to ask store clerks, but my
latest is:

"I'm looking for a baby toy made by Lego, it's not like bricks or anything,
so they won't choke on it-it's like one giant piece, it's a yellow giraffe,
you know, with a neck, and you twist the hump-well, not like a camel, but I
mean, you twist the back of it and it starts playing music-like a music box,
you know, the kind that babies like."

Calum

I haven't been to Walmart in a bit, but last time I went to Winners near
my house, the selection was rather weak...they had just moved their Lego
around for the third time this year.  Their HP sets are over priced, but
they do have a unusually large assortment of Technic off-shoots (small
technic sets like the mini-bike, Robo-spinners, etc)

I have been quite selective with the sets there picking up a bit of sets
from the studio line.  I took the liberty of buying another movie backdrop
set for $25 CDN on clearance.  I didn't think that was too bad of a deal.
A bunch of decently useful pieces (over 200), a motor, wire, and long
battery box (AA).

Ben