 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5402
Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 15:32:55 GMT

Jeff Elliott wrote:

Looking at the rendering... you've captured a flex tube between two
of those motor-mounting 2x1 plates with the extra bit on them?  And
that's your axle for the train?

I think you've go it a little mixed up.  The wheels in my truck are
taken from the 9V train wheel block.

http://img.lugnet.com/ld/7/2878.gif

They are surprisingly easy to pop out.  Never thought of doing this
before though.

The metal axle that holds the two wheels together is the perfect size to
fit the hole created by two "plate 1 x 2 with Door Rail" pieces placed
on top of each other.  My drawing didn't really show this because I
didn't know how to create the axle part of the wheels, and really didn't
want to spend the time to figure it out. :-)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/miscellaneous/tiltblock2.gif

But I was wondering why the 1x4 plate with the town-wheel-mounting
pins on the ends wouldn't work?  It in the wrong size?

http://extranet.telepres.com/staff/jeffe/trainwheels.jpg

This definitely works with the "Train Wheel Small"

http://img.lugnet.com/ld/7/2927.gif

But I think the wheel you have selected has a short metal axle pin the
plugs into the old axle blocks.

http://img.lugnet.com/ld/7/7049.gif

Derek