 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 5407
Re: Is it wrong to cut up flex tubing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 22:39:51 GMT

"Jeff Elliott" <jeffe@telepres.com> wrote in message

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/miscellaneous/tiltblock2.gif

Looking at the rendering... you've captured a flex tube between two
of those motor-mounting 2x1 plates with the extra bit on them?  And
that's your axle for the train?  I think that's one of the more im-
pressive outside-the-box solutions I've seen in a dog's age!

There isn't any flex tubing in Derek's *axles*, he's got it between the
crosses in the 2x1x0.5 beams that are shown as 3x1x0.5 beams.  But what I
don't get is how some people are saying this truck design with the axle
siting inside of the motor mounts requires flex tubing - I don't see where
it's required.  I put the axle between the 2x1 plates with the flange thing
on them and it's fine.

But I was wondering why the 1x4 plate with the town-wheel-mounting
pins on the ends wouldn't work?  It in the wrong size?

http://extranet.telepres.com/staff/jeffe/trainwheels.jpg

Wheels like that don't spin nicely and they squeak.

    Iain