 Off-Topic / Debate / 528
Re: CFD: e-bay (aka ranting and raving)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 22:25:13 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote:

I've bought several Lego items through eBay.  Larry says about 20% of
his stuff is coming from eBay.  I know other people, including other
fairly heavy buyers, do the same.

Whoops, I think I may have worded what I said poorly. I meant that of
the e-bay auctions where I put in a serious bid, I lately have been
winning about 20%. That was an off the cuff number, I have not analysed
in detail.

I'd say that eBay makes up well less than 5% of my current acquisition
stream (which is way down in volume from last year).

++Lar