 Off-Topic / Debate / 497
Re: CFD: e-bay (aka ranting and raving)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 06:51:52 GMT

James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote:

I've bought several Lego items through eBay.  Larry says about 20% of
his stuff is coming from eBay.  I know other people, including other
fairly heavy buyers, do the same.

Exactly who gets to decide who is and who isn't part of this community
you're talking about.

Do you feel comfortable telling me and Larry that we're not part of
your community?

Whoa!  Back up a second there!  I neither said nor implied any such thing!

(Guess you read this before I posted later that I may have slightly
misinterpreted what you were saying.)

I'm sorry if this sounded harsh, but one sure way to get me PO'd is to accuse
me of saying something I didn't.

Well, I'm not PO'ed about it, but I'd say I didn't "accuse" you of
"saying" anything.  I misunderstood PART of what you actually said
(although I really believe I'm still on the money about what you're
trying to imply, but I could be wrong) and asked you questions that
were intended to flush out what you really think.

I'll wait to read your other replies before saying more.  No real
desire to inflame things here, but you seem to have a fairly limited
view of just who is and is not part of this community or at least an
over-estimation of that magic 2% eBay gets and it's detrimental effect
on said community.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET