 Off-Topic / Debate / 569
Re: shills on eBay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 20:22:42 GMT

Barry McFarland <mcfarlandcj@home.com> wrote:
On a related topic, is emailing a high bidder and telling him/her that he/she
is getting ripped off consistent with the terms of use?  I only ask this
because there was a thread on another, non-lego group in which this was
claimed. I personally could not find any reference to this on the eBay site.

I personally wouldn't care if it were consistent with the terms of
use.  In fact, I e-mailed people like this long before I ever created
an active eBay user account, just because people used their e-mail
addresses as their user-ids.

Now that I have an eBay user account I usually e-mail them from an
address separate from the one eBay has, just so I don't (on the
surface) appear to be trying to hurt the seller's auctions in favor of
my own.

(this debate about email to bidders was on rec.toys.cars if anyone is
interested.)

I think I'll take a look at it, thanks.

Since we are allready off-topic I will add that the collectible nature of toy
cars seems to be waning.  Many or even most of the hotwheels listed lots on
eBay are going unsold.  Many nice people emailed me in response to a WTB post
with offers at near-retail pricing.  I hope this bodes well for SW lego as
well.

SWEET!

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)