 Off-Topic / Debate / 477
Re: CFD: e-bay (aka ranting and raving)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 04:36:02 GMT

James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote:
Selling on e-bay sends Lego out of the community, buying from e-bay brings it
in.  I just treat e-bay like I would any other "external" source of Lego
(retail, garage sale, etc) - something to shop.  I just find that e-bay has a
much higher ratio of 'too much for too little' than other avenues, so very
rarely spend anything there.

I've bought several Lego items through eBay.  Larry says about 20% of
his stuff is coming from eBay.  I know other people, including other
fairly heavy buyers, do the same.

Exactly who gets to decide who is and who isn't part of this community
you're talking about.

Do you feel comfortable telling me and Larry that we're not part of
your community?

(Can't believe I'm defending eBay, and I'm not really.  When it comes
right down to it if I see something I want to buy I'll buy it and I
don't really give a damn who likes it or not.  Same with selling.  One
of the main reasons I'm selling that 6274 on eBay is my desire to make
the most money.  No apologies offered.)

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET