 Off-Topic / Debate / 488
Re: shills on eBay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 06:17:27 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, galliard@shades-of-night.com (James Brown)
writes:
Todd Lehman writes:
Don't jump to conclusions... I would be inclined to give the seller the
benefit of the doubt.

As a case in point, easily 1/3 of the items I bid on in Auczilla VIII were
for 'off-line' friends, and that jumped to about 1/2 of my bids for Auczilla
IX.

How is that a case in point?  You didn't sell anything in AucZILLA VIII --
I did.

(And I've never shilled, and never will.)

The point I was illustrating (not clear enough, sorry) was not to assume the
guy was lying about his off-line friend.

OK cool, that's what I thought you probably meant.  It certainly was clear
for anyone who's been around for a while.  I just wanted to point out in no
uncertain terms for the record (since there are always new people coming
online and getting up to speed) that it was a bidder in AucZILLA VIII & IX
who was bidding on behalf of his friend, and not the person who ran those
auctions.

Play well!
--Todd