 Off-Topic / Debate / 476
Re: CFD: e-bay (aka ranting and raving)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 04:32:30 GMT

Mark Harrison <harro1@one.net.au> wrote:
Yes James,

You are a hypocrit (not a word I normally need to spell). I here nothing
good about ebay and have never looked at the site and your comment (5)
doesn't help to get rid of ebay. The best thing we can all do is: when
people post a message to rtl advertising the fact that they have put an
item on ebay rather than rtl, we tell them that we are very interested
in obtaining this item but unfortunately will not have anything to do
with ebay. Making them a direct offer at the same time usually
frustrates the hell out of them.

Speaking as someone who has sold stuff in many places (RTL, Lugnet,
Yahoo!, eBay, my own websites, etc) it wouldn't frustrate the hell out
of me.

Don't make the assumption that the only people selling on eBay are
outsiders that the rest of our elite little group doesn't want to deal
with.

Nobody forces anyone to compete in eBay auctions, but as many people
have pointed out, self-righteously proclaiming that you refuse to
compete in them is really only hurting one person - you.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET