 Off-Topic / Debate / 496
Re: shills on eBay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 06:43:39 GMT

Christopher Good <cbgood@nospamemail.com> wrote:
Yes it does.  I was researching a seller's previous items sold and
noticed once that the seller was also the high bidder on an item.  I
questioned the seller and his reply was that a friend without Internet
access wanted the item so he placed the bid for him.  Excuses...
excuses...

If he was the high bidder what difference does it make?  It was his
set, and he was the high bidder.  He still had to pay the eBay fee, I
bet, so if he did sell it to his offline friend things worked the same
as if he had sold it to the second highest bidder, right?

You seem to have quite the mad-on for eBay.  I have to say that this
example YOU cite above sounds like it is a) perfectly innnocent and b)
none of your business (even if it weren't innocent).

If my little brother got a sudden hankering for old Pirate sets and
asked me for my 6274 I'd make a nice impossible to beat bid on my own
set and give it to him for his birthday.  If you saw that and e-mailed
me about it and I explained it to you would you say "excuses ...
excuses" about that?

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET