 Off-Topic / Debate / 428
Re: e-bay (aka ranting and raving)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 05:27:44 GMT

Larry Pieniazek writes:
Jesse Long wrote:
Also, you rarely see RTL/Lugnet
people bidding on that stuff.  eBay is not the Lego community if you ask me.

Mostly agree but I would count Rob Farver, Adam Yulish, Julie K and
several others (yes, even Mike Stanley, that no account scoundrel! :-) )
as part of our gang.

Consider them the exceptions that prove the rule as most sellers are
not.

However, given that I have of late been winning about 20% of the
auctions I participate in, I guess I'm not as anti eBay as I was. Hey, I
even tried to buy some of their stock, but I couldn't margin it so I
decided not to.

++Lar

I think there may be more than you think.  I for one, use an alias because I
didn't like having my email address as a handle.

I also see eBay much like a swap meet.  Lots of sellers, trying to get alot of
money for junk.  Occasionaly you find something that is a value, and god
forbid, you might occasionaly find it a good place to sell a few things to
support that growing lego habit :)

Barry