 Off-Topic / Debate / 431
Re: e-bay (aka ranting and raving)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 07:21:15 GMT

Barry McFarland writes:
Larry Pieniazek writes:
Jesse Long wrote:
Also, you rarely see RTL/Lugnet
people bidding on that stuff.  eBay is not the Lego community if you ask • me.

Mostly agree but I would count Rob Farver, Adam Yulish, Julie K and
several others (yes, even Mike Stanley, that no account scoundrel! :-) )
as part of our gang.

Consider them the exceptions that prove the rule as most sellers are
not.

However, given that I have of late been winning about 20% of the
auctions I participate in, I guess I'm not as anti eBay as I was. Hey, I
even tried to buy some of their stock, but I couldn't margin it so I
decided not to.

++Lar

I think there may be more than you think.  I for one, use an alias because I
didn't like having my email address as a handle.

I also see eBay much like a swap meet.  Lots of sellers, trying to get alot of
money for junk.  Occasionaly you find something that is a value, and god
forbid, you might occasionaly find it a good place to sell a few things to
support that growing lego habit :)

Barry

Can't argue with that.  I treat e-bay like I would treat a really big garage
sale.  By all means, I'll browse it and see if there's anything worthwhile, and
if I can't find a friend or a charity that'll take my old junk, then I'll try
to sell it.

But fer the love of (whatever), offer your Lego to the community that cares
about it before tossing it to the dogs.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/