 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *4274 (-100)
  Re: Going once, going twice, sold!

(...) Ditto Jake. Just ignore the people whining about you doing the auctions as Brad previously announced, it is probably a case of sour grapes. Jude (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

"Rick Clark" <jrclark@nospam.aol.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:3CAAC42B.300060...aol.com... (...) but (...) Rick, I admit my fault here: I didn't know this was their original plan, and didn't realize it was clearly stated from the beginning. (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

(...) Whilst I agree with your sentiment, I don't see it as being "obvious". One would have to see the balance sheet to say that (I wonder who audits the accounts?). (...) Hardly out on a limb - a limited production run set which fits in well with (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

(...) A violation of which rules? Doesn't a numbered, limited edition of anything automatically *create* rarity? Seems to me that most numbered, limited editions don't even offer the #1 unit to the public, preferring to give it to the president of (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

I guess I'm breaking my self-imposed rule of not 'discussing' on LUGNET here - I try only post to get information out to the public and to praise creations - but here goes. (...) I totally agree. (...) Yep. I think its obvious LEGO Direct is doing (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Going once, going twice, sold!

Jake - Very very cool!! :-) Though my pockets aren't deep enough to afford something as rare as Super Chief 0001, I think this is a neat idea and I encourage you guys to keep stuff like this up. -Tim (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

(...) Icky that a company would auction their own products? How so? (...) Why wouldn't they? (...) Is that a bad thing? (...) My catalogs don't seem to mention anything about how many were produced, nor how many will be available. (...) You've never (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Going once, going twice, sold!

I don't speak for LEGO, but I may be able to get close to the answers to some of your questions: (...) If this works out (which it certainly seems to be doing), as many one-of-a-kind sets as the market will bear, and that it is profitable for them (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

(...) I totally agree with Suz, and find this very disturbing. These are items whose "rarity" is totally artificial, coming from a planned commercial operation rather than from actual market movements, and IMHO this is a violation to the rules. Is (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Going once, going twice, sold!

LEGO Direct (and Jake in particular) has earned a lot of credit in our AFOL community. To me this is the only explanation why first reactions to this announcement weren't severely critical. LEGO, both Billund and Direct, have been doing quite (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

One was a Statue of Liberty set (I paid almost twice retail, but it was for a good cause). One was a white-jacketed display minifig (there were 6 auctioned in all, 3 different kinds). I can't believe I account for nearly 1/4 of the auctions to date (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Help Get Brickshelf Instructions on www.lego.com

It wasn't THAT unreadable. I saved the original jpgs and tweaked the contrast, and it was easy enough to build the Street Sensation. But yes, it WOULD have been nice if the pics were twice the size or larger. (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Going once, going twice, sold!

(...) Kevin - Did you ever question ebay about linking to your business from your AboutMe page? It says right here: (URL) you can do it. (Scroll down for the "links policy".) Julie fut - .market.theory (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

When do we get to bid on Kjeld's nightstand? I need some place to put my book. : ) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Going once, going twice, sold!

I can't truly express how disappointed I was to see this announcement. As a Canadian AFOL who has yet to even receive a Shop@Home catalog (after multiple requests) offering the Super Chief for sale, to see Lego now offering them for sale on E-bay is (...) (22 years ago, 3-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

Jake McKee wrote in message ... (...) Looks good Jake, and it's going great guns already! One interesting question: how come Lego is allowed to link to their shop-at-home sales page on the About Lego page, whereas us plebian ordinary eBay sellers (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Going once, going twice, sold!

(...) free media publicity. --Todd (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

(...) These were one time charity auctions that we posted shortly after the September 11 tragedy, as money raising effort for the Red Cross and Twin Tower Fund. You may remember that there were some large display mini-figs, couple of sculptures, and (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

I'm curious about the previous nine items sold by seller 'lego-direct:' (URL) nine items are no longer in ebay's database. Jeff J (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  LD's Auctions (Re: Going once, going twice, sold!)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes: >All, > >It is with great pleasure and enthusiasm that I announce the new LEGO >Auctions! Check out the new area of the online LEGO Shop at >(URL) >[snip] >- We will be auctioning Santa Fe Super Chief (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: Going once, going twice, sold!

(...) Hmmm... Looks intersting. What other stuff are you going to auction? And will it always be one at a time? The prices will probablly get pretty outragous...(I'm twelve, so I can't afford high ebay prices!) A 'buy it now' should be offered too. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Going once, going twice, sold!

All, It is with great pleasure and enthusiasm that I announce the new LEGO Auctions! Check out the new area of the online LEGO Shop at (URL) have literally just launched this live, and the first auction will be ....drum roll please.... Santa Fe (...) (22 years ago, 2-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: Wholesale prices on RIS

(...) The phone numbers for all of the LEGO stores are listed on the .shopping page: (URL) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Wholesale prices on RIS

"Lester Witter" <witter@erim-int.com> wrote in message news:Gtox34.GDq@lugnet.com... (...) buy (...) dollars. I (...) Pitsco (...) in (...) for $55 (...) had the (...) How do I contact the lego outlet? Thanks, Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Vahi mask

Yes, luckily you live in the US of A Poorpip. But Arnold Staniczek and I we live in Europe. Ofcourse I tried to see if I could order something by Toywiz.com. But have you see their shipping rates??? $29,00 for a small package and $35,00 for a medium (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Vahi mask

(...) At Toywiz.com you can get one with a $25 purchase. So you get $25 worth of Bionicle stuff, plus the free Vahi! That's how I got mine. -poorpip (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Vahi mask

The Bionicle Kanohi Vahi mask that was supposed to be included with the cancelled PC game is now appearing here and there for limited sale in the U.S. Is there a chance that we will also have this item available for sale in Europe? Even if only at (...) (23 years ago, 30-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Wholesale prices on RIS

The price control on RIS is very high. I doubt you will find it discounted anywhere until the next version comes out. Some RIS 2.0 were discounted before xmas, but most were RIS 1.5. Believe me, if there was a good way to get them at a low price, it (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

<snip> (...) I talked about all this with a bunch of boys whom I teach. I am helping them build a minifig representation of our school and they were complaining about the SW sets to be just too much about obtaining the cool minifigs and not enough (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Wholesale prices on RIS

(...) Actually the price is $65 and last time I was there they still had plenty (two cases) I picked up a couple also, gotta love that AC jack. jt (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Wholesale prices on RIS

(...) The LEGO outlet in Georgia had RCX bricks (Just the brick) on clearance for $55 a while back. They are probably sold out but the ones they were selling had the AC jack (I got two) Lester (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

(...) I work in a toy store. (as I have stated a few times.) A lot of parents refuse to buy Star Wars sets on the grounds that they are violent. These same people do buy Life on Mars. (which like classic space was/is geared toward exploration rather (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Wholesale prices on RIS

Does anyone know where we can find wholesale prices on RIS. We need to buy 20-30 of them for achools in Calif, and I'm trying to stretch the dollars. I am already aware of Ebay (they do not take Univ. Purchase Orders) and Pitsco (prices not (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

(...) I'd disagree with this as a reason. The whole Legends series is geared more towards the older collector. Your reasoning would also preclude the Breezeway Cafe, the Pizza to Go, the Guarded Inn, . . . Also the whole sculpture series (both SW (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

(...) Yeah, I have to agree with you. Anyway... I have one more day of school left (until the weekend), and I'll see what can be done. I probablly will only be able to ask a few kids (naturally, because I'm different I'm a social outcast), but I'll (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

(...) I'd like to see a 6985 Cosmic Fleet Voyager, or a Message Intercepter Base or even the original 918 become a Space Legend! Why does Lego even continue to bother with those new SW sets? In my opinion, I think SW is getting kind of old. Most of (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

(...) I think you'll find little disagreement when I say you're not a typical twelve-year-old boy. In fact I think you have more in common with us AFOL's than with most kids your age. I challenge you: Show <set:497 Galaxy Explorer> and some more (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

(...) Well, I'm a twelve-year old boy. And I would much rather prefer the 'blue boxes with wings.' I mean, does galaxy commander look like a box with wings! And (to get a bit off-classic-space) does mission commander look like one? I would much (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

(...) So Brad never denied that "Classic Space: The Movie" is currently in production? ! (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

(...) Well, Brad Justus (Senior VP of Lego Direct) spoke to this issue a little bit at BricksWest, and the understanding that I took from that is pretty much exactly what Jonathan was describing. It's for marketing reasons, not because of any (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

(...) I hear you brother! <snip> (...) Okay, sure. Who knows why? I mean really know why? Only the nice men/women in suits sitting in an office somewhere. (...) Jeesh! I wonder if people were this shook up when slopes were first introduced... New (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said

Fact: pretty much all of legos customer base (even that subset that uses shop @ home), includng myself and most other lugnet readers, has a limited lego budget. (for some its larger than others but its still limited) So, they will only have X to (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Send me your Train Show dates!

All, I was just updating the www.LEGO.com/trains Show calendar and realized that I don't have many listing for upcoming shows. If you can email me (jacob.mckee@america.lego.com) your train show events in the format of the other events at: (URL) I (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what happened to 5216 roof tile set???

Benjamin Medinets wrote in message ... (...) These have been available continuously (well, every time I've ordered them!) over the phone but I've never seen them on the S@H site. Some things are on the phone list but not the web - a Pain, but it's (...) (23 years ago, 25-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Is Model Team Dead?

A real pitty to see such a great model line that brought so many great sets die. Here's to the 5571 and others. R.I.P. Adrian Egli (23 years ago, 23-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  what happened to 5216 roof tile set???

Was this a bunch of service packs found in a warehouse somewhere that LEGO found and wanted to sell them off fast. Because I find this extremely irrating to see that they are no longer available (at least they aren't listed in the shop@home site). (...) (23 years ago, 22-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Leaving feeback for legos website

Is there some way or place to leave lego suggestions on who to improve their website on their site somewhere? I can't seem to dfins it anywhere. LEGO (aka Jake) if you read this is there a way you can develop a 'last know configuration' (AKA cookie (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Is availability of Bulk Bricks listed incorrectly ?

Hello All, Shop at Home has rearranged the menu tree of it's website recently. To find items quickly it's a big improvement. But I suspect the change might have introduced small errors, such as items being shown as unavailable while in reality they (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.eu)

  RE: Spain & Portugal - we can take your LEGO orders via TELEPHONE!!!

(...) In did ! :) (...) Can't wait to make my 1st *online* LEGO Shop at Home orders ! (...) phone's ok, but online'll be better for me. Q: This will be a 9am to 6pm service ? (...) Q: Is this line for *orders only*, or can I use it to request a LEGO (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Spain & Portugal - we can take your LEGO orders via TELEPHONE!!!

(...) Hi Marco, It is indeed awkward, this absence of LD in Italy when it is being launched in Portugal. Maybe there will be a similar message soon... I mean, LEGO .pt is dependant of LEGO SE, in Italy... so it makes sense to expect further news. (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Spain & Portugal - we can take your LEGO orders via TELEPHONE!!!

(...) Yeepeeee!!! :-D (...) THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I was needing this sevice sooo much!!! My dream over the last 3 years is now a reality - I cannot wait to place an order!!! BTW, what are the options for payment? Pedro (Portuguese AFOL) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.pt)

  Re: Spain & Portugal - we can take your LEGO orders via TELEPHONE!!!

(...) Ciao Kate hope lego direct will soon remind that even Italy exist in the EU :( regards marco (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Spain & Portugal - we can take your LEGO orders via TELEPHONE!!!

Great News for our friends from southern Europe... Spain and Portugal have been set up on LEGO Shop at Home (we are trying our upmost to get the online shop up and running too) - orders can be taken via the telephone from today onwards! The (...) (23 years ago, 21-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Lego assortiment in small stores

<snip> (...) This is not a very accurate description of what happens. Yes TLC has merchandising people visit the larger retailers like Toys R Us, but they do not set the layout or positioning of any of the sections in the store. Merchandising plans (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Lego assortiment in small stores

(...) Have you read the latest Q & A Session with Brad at Brickswest? Get it here: (URL) the brad_justus_qa.pdf It will give you some insights as to your questions. <snip> Jean you must also remember that LEGO Direct is a very young business unit (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Lego assortiment in small stores

<snip> (...) It was myu understanding that LEGo has it's own sales force people that go to the Tors R Us, Targets, etc.. and straight up and put out the LEGO products. Sure they don't go every day to stratight up at the end of the night but it is (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: new shop at home menus

(...) Much better! I also learned a new word: "foliferous". :) Steve (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: new shop at home menus

Well, they might make it a little bit easier to find things. Two items: Where did they put the "Castle Extender" bulk pack? I looked under "Accessories and Bricks", "Specialty" and "Themes", and also "Bricks", "Light Gray". Not that I need any light (...) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: new shop at home menus

(...) A definite step in the right direction. Maybe even better for bulk bricks would be a grid of colors in one dimension, sizes in the other, and the price at each intersection. Play well, Andreas Stabno (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  new shop at home menus

Anyone else noticed the new menus? Makes it much easier to locate bulk bricks. Nothing new on sale though :-( Also a dedicated 'Trains' menu :-) regards lawrence (23 years ago, 19-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Henry Kruer writes: (snip) (...) Here's a link to something on NPR: (URL) starts talking about violence with Bionicle, but near the end a Psychology proffesser talks a bit on why Bionicle is what it is, and I think that (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Lego assortiment in small stores

(...) Except that you just said that they had product from multiple lines, which is what Brad said that the company requires. Additionally, the KMart distribution center probably orders (a large portion of) the entire product line, then cherry (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Lego assortiment in small stores

(...) No large company is willing to change unless it has numbers that show it will be in its best interests (i.e. profits) to do so. (...) As great as Lego Direct's products are, there's no data yet to show that they would move off the shelves at (...) (23 years ago, 17-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Lego assortiment in small stores

(...) . . .which goes to show that TLC is (willfully or not) ignorant. Reality check: last week I went to the two local K-marts to buy Lego. They had Mission Deep Sea and Bohrok. One a had a few boxes of 2001 stuff; the other (the smaller) had a (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Lego assortiment in small stores

Jean-Marc Détraz <legomotive@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gt1L10.3CH@lugnet.com... (...) that (...) While this policy may cost TLC in one way ie. Less total units sold. They gain in another. ie.there is no discounting so they always get maximum (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: an alternate opinion

"Paul Hartzog" <panarchy23@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GssMxF.990@lugnet.com... (...) I could see what you're saying about old Space, but I'm not a Space collector. I collect Town, and there's no comparison with Town sets of the past (my (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Lego assortiment in small stores

Thank you guys very much! I really appreciate your comment. But it is really discouraging to hear that TLC is not willing to change. My concern is that their best products aren't available in stores! WHY WHY WHY??? Who benefits from this policy? (...) (23 years ago, 16-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: an alternate opinion

Yea well I'll still take my Galaxy Explorer over any current LEGO set. Now over some people's own mocs, that's another question. :-P (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: an alternate opinion

Paul & All, I have given up any hope of getting my work done today, so I will come in this weekend. : / Anyway, I saw this thread and wanted to put a few comments here: (...) Right. (...) There are some good sets here, and some bad ones. But there (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Lego assortiment in small stores

As far as I remember, this exact question was asked of Brad Justus at the recent BricksWest event. His response indicated that the company was unwilling to allow retailers to "cherry pick" the Lego product line, and thus it was not possible to allow (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: an alternate opinion

Well said! If I may add a few comments: (...) I'd like to chime in here to remind people that juniorization of LEGO System sets should not be confused with the introduction of the quick-build Jack Stone sets. JS sets allow LEGO to provide simpler (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Lego assortiment in small stores

This is a great question. I have long thought that hobby and model shops would be a great place to stock the LEGO train line. Especially now that there are so many different excellent models available. One large problem these small shops have is (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Lego assortiment in small stores

Dear Lego, Would it be possible for you to allow small stores (village stores, educationnal toy stores) to have the possibility to sell everything you have available in your Shop@Home catalog? In my opinion, your best sets are only available through (...) (23 years ago, 15-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Any news on cheaper SAH shipping for Australia?

Dear folks at Lego Direct, Recently when I placed an order with SAH for Australia I noticed a comment at the bottom of the checkout page about hoping to make other shipping options available in 2002. Any news on this? Whilst combining orders with (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  an alternate opinion

in general response to this thread.... i hate juniorization as much as the next guy but i don't buy those sets. The new SW sets are the BEST sets TLC has ever made, the curved pieces (finally) allow for stylish mocs, and the canopies can be placed (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) Yes that was the Company hogwash he recited. I work in a toy store. Life on Mars sets come in boxes printed; LEGO(the logo) SPACE. So the company's official position is that space sets at retail are ok but Lego Direct isn't allowed to release (...) (23 years ago, 11-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) The contract was to have the rights to produce Star Wars sets. Brad Justus, senior VP of LEGO Direct, said at BricksWest in no uncertain terms that there is no contractual reason not to produce any Classic Space Legends sets. However, there (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) Yeah. Those are a few sets I've always wanted, but never got a chance to acquire. Hopefully, LEGO should release a Space Legend in the near future, if they EVER do. :) If Lego couldn't make the tooling, do you think it would be be possible for (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

This is one of the most interesting debates I have read for a while, and I feel the need to put a couple of points forward. Regarding the topic of big parts vs. bricks, I agree that there are a lot of sets out there that look like they could be (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) UGGG! I'll be an adult by that time! Honostly... I guess bricklink will be in a boom for the space trade. John Kruer (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) but (...) Lego's contract with SW ends in 2007. I'm inclined to agree, I love the SW line but I wish Lego hadn't sold their soul to Hollywood like so many other toy companies. (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) Yes he is 12, but he is not your average slap happy 12 year old... Build on... Robin Werner GFLTC/GFLUG (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) I'd LOVE to see a MIB as a set. I worry that they may not have the tooling for the linear actuator (rack) parts though. (in this set they are the parts that provide the linear motion that opens and closes the large base halves) This URL should (...) (23 years ago, 10-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) Hopefully, the contract should expire in 2003.And if it does, prepare yourself for a Space Legend set. Personally, I want to see either Cosmic Fleet Voyager, 918 Space Transport or a good old Message Intercept Base as Space legends. Or even (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) I don't exactly know the answer to that officially...I'm assuming that they got a 9 year (3 film) license considering that they are issuing out models for Star Wars II: Attack of the Clones. That is my best guess. You are right classic space (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) I have to agree with you. Redemption is sweet.:-) Anyway, speaking of liscences- when does Lego's contract about Star Wars expire? I would much rather see classic space and Blacktron than the current new Star Wars sets. John Kruer (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) It's kind of funny how the newer generation of kids (action addicted) don't appreciate Lego's core values. Sets with high ratios of specialty parts appeal to them, while basic models, such as Castle and Space don't appeal at all. It's quite (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) Heres a link that has my picture: (URL) have to use my moms name because of the Child Protection Act that dosn't let me give out personal information. Also, email Robin Werner. I was present at the GATS 2002 Jacksonville display. I think Robin (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

The initial post has some decent points. I guess the Star Wars licence payed off for Lego (we'll never know since it's a private company) but when I first heard how much they paid for it I was aghast. Wasn't it something like $50 million or $100 (...) (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) Thank you, Jude (I am gifted) John Kruer (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..

(...) John, I have a hard time to believe you are 12. You wrote an inteligent, articulate, well thought out post. Maybe there is hope for your generation after all. :-) Jude XFUT .lego.direct (23 years ago, 9-Mar-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Train Book Revisited

(...) We are still working out the details. The one thing that is certain is that if the book comes to be, it will include both community and "LEGO" content. Jake --- Jake McKee Sr. Producer LEGO Direct (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Train Book Revisited

Jake, Will this be like the classic idea books that were distributed in toy stores or will this be more along the lines of the recently published Ultimate Lego book? I always loved the old idea books. I'm looking forward to more information on this. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Train Book Revisited

(...) That is actually a stellar idea! In fact, so good, LEGO Direct is working on a project right up this alley now. We are still in the pre-planning stages, but the concept is shaping up to include a combination of stuff: - Getting started with (...) (23 years ago, 7-Mar-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: LEGO Shop@Home Catalog Train Shed Instructions!

(...) errors. Is page 53 of the catalog scanned and posted somewhere? SRC LUGNet#765 (URL) (23 years ago, 5-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO Shop@Home Catalog Train Shed Instructions!

he,he,he.... Okay I see where my mistake is. I've fixed the error on my cost sheet and NO TIM I'm not a LEGO closet. But if LEGO wants to give me 30% off no problem.... -AHui (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

Thanks for responding, but I am still wondering where you are getting *30%* off from. The discount only goes up to 15% as far as I can tell. Troy "Ahui Herrera" <jedi_agh@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:GsFKIq.9Kq@lugnet.com... (...) baseplates! (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO Shop@Home Catalog Train Shed Instructions!

(...) Ahui a closet LEGO employee? tee hee ;-) (employees get a 30% discount on brick..) -Tim (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: LEGO Shop@Home Catalog Train Shed Instructions!

From the Jan. 2002 S@H Catalog page 31: "The more you but, the more you SAVE! Buy any 5 bags, save 5% Buy any 10 bags, save 10% Buy any 15 bagsm save 15% On any bulk elements packs purchased from pages 30-31 including baseplates! " -AHui (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Help Get Brickshelf Instructions on www.lego.com

(...) Companies have every right to protect their public image. This is part of the trademark issue and has been thoroughly discussed on this site previously. Suffice to say that I feel LEGO has to make sure that they project the image they want (...) (23 years ago, 4-Mar-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact