 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4208
Re: Lego assortiment in small stores
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 01:19:48 GMT

Thank you guys very much!

I really appreciate your comment. But it is really discouraging to hear that
TLC is not willing to change.

My concern is that their best products aren't available in stores!
WHY WHY WHY???

Who benefits from this policy? NOBODY and certainely not TLC!

--------DEAR LEGO-------  Can we hope for common sense???????

A good little retailer could easely order around 2K of good sets and resell
them in NO time, and so on!

I would love to hear from TLC and/or Brad Justus ---PLEASE---

Jean-Marc

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Barnes writes:
As far as I remember, this exact question was asked of Brad Justus at the
recent BricksWest event. His response indicated that the company was
unwilling to allow retailers to "cherry pick" the Lego product line, and
thus it was not possible to allow one retailer to just sell trains.

Of course, I'd love to hear about a change in policy :)

JB