 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4207
Re: an alternate opinion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 22:24:36 GMT

Yea well I'll still take my Galaxy Explorer over any current LEGO set. Now
over some people's own mocs, that's another question. :-P

--Kyle
http://lego.kepplah.com

In lugnet.lego.direct, Paul Hartzog writes:
in general response to this thread....

i hate juniorization as much as the next guy
but i don't buy those sets.

The new SW sets are the BEST sets TLC has ever
made, the curved pieces (finally) allow for
stylish mocs, and the canopies can be placed
side by side w/out trans walls between them.

AND
I grew up w/ lego and classic space
(i have every space set from like '74 to '86)
and most of the folks who complain about
current TLC policy NEVER HAD THOSE SETS.

well, they mostly suck. really. as someone
who had them, had a dark ages, and came back
to lego, I can say that I build almost entirely
with my sets AFTER '95.  The pieces are better,
more interesting, more useful, etc.  There's
only so much you can do w/ a freaking BRICK.
And i never liked spaceships that look like
a blue box w/ grey wings.

A lot of this is just nostalgia, and I will NEVER
part w/ my old lego.  In fact, I'm rebuilding all
the my classic stuff from the ORIGINAL PIECES.
I recently sorted those pieces (which are separate
from my current lego collection) and in the ENTIRE
12 Year span of pieces, I found less than 100 pieces
that were actually useful...

... unless you want to make a blue box w/ grey wings.

:-D

-paul