 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4197
Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sun, 10 Mar 2002 16:25:19 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:
I'd LOVE to see a MIB as a set. I worry that they may not have the tooling
for the linear actuator (rack) parts though. (in this set they are the parts
that provide the linear motion that opens and closes the large base halves)

This URL should clarify the parts I refer to:

http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/rack/

Here's hoping!!

The other two you name are worthy as well.

Yeah. Those are a few sets I've always wanted, but never got a chance to
acquire. Hopefully, LEGO should release a Space Legend in the near future,
if they EVER do. :)

If Lego couldn't make the tooling, do you think it would be be possible for
them to make new molds of old parts? If they could do that, they could make
a copy of almost any set possible, although It wouldn't be economically
feasable. (might be quite expensive, though, and that's probably why they
don't make new molds.) I'm sure, though, that the profits from the sets sold
would easily outweigh the mold pricing, after all, they're LEGENDS.
I'm looking forward to the day Blacktron returns. (or Classic Space)

Respectfully,

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet member No. 1112