 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4191
Re: Time to write Lego Consumer Affairs a (nasty) letter..
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 9 Mar 2002 22:54:33 GMT

In Lugnet. announce, John Henry Kruer writes:
I have to agree with you.  Redemption is sweet.:-)
Anyway, speaking of liscences- when does Lego's contract about Star Wars
expire?  I would much rather see classic space and Blacktron than the
current new Star Wars sets.

Hopefully, the contract should expire in 2003.And if it does, prepare
yourself for a Space Legend set. Personally, I want to see either
Cosmic Fleet Voyager, 918 Space Transport or a good old Message Intercept Base
as Space legends. Or even better, all three of them as Legends! :)
I would like to say that the Star Wars sets were great in all, up until this
year. The 2002 sets were poorly designed and nothing like the original 1999
sets. What happened here? The designers went overboard and made so called
"accessory sets" or what I like to call props. They're cheap excuses for
sets, and a potential profit for Lego, who just love those consumer dollars,
even if they don't last long, yet sporadically.
I guess a reason behind this is that Lego *did* sign a contract, although
the time period hasn't been disclosed, so maybe they're obligated under the
contract terms to keep making Star Wars sets until the contract expires.
(hopefully soon) The worst that could happen is, of course, a contract
renewal, and we all know what that means.
Let's see some Legends, before Lego becomes one itself.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Lugnet member No. 1112