 Space / 13481
Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 23:54:46 GMT

In lugnet.space, William R. Ward writes:
"John Henry Kruer" <jhkruer@yahoo.com> writes:
Well, I'm a twelve-year old boy.  And I would much rather prefer the 'blue
boxes with wings.'  I mean, does galaxy commander look like a box with
wings!  And (to get a bit off-classic-space) does mission commander look
like one?  I would much rather prefer an FX-star patroller than TWO Jedi
Starships...  I think if the kids actually new about older sets, alot of
them would change their mind.  And the last time I watched a movie?  2 weeks
ago.

I think you'll find little disagreement when I say you're not a
typical twelve-year-old boy.  In fact I think you have more in common
with us AFOL's than with most kids your age.

I challenge you: Show Galaxy Explorer and some more modern
sets in the same price range (e.g. Star Wars sets) to a bunch of
average kids your age, and tell us which they prefer.

--Bill.
Yeah, I have to agree with you.  Anyway... I have one more day of
school
left (until the weekend), and I'll see what can be done.  I probablly
will
only be able to ask a few kids (naturally, because I'm different I'm a
social outcast), but I'll try! Oh, and I'm gifted, so the kids in the
classes I'll  ask might not be 'averege!'

John Kruer

P.S.  Tomorrow were also getting report cards, and if I get all As,
I'll get $20 from my mom.  Any ideas for a good set?