 Space / 13498
Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:22:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, Matt Hein writes:

I'd like to see a 6985 Cosmic Fleet Voyager, or a Message Intercepter Base
or even the original 918 become a Space Legend! Why does Lego even continue
to bother with those new SW sets?

I was weaned on Classic space, and I'll be extremely disappointed if Lego
abandons the SW line without producing an AT-AT and an Imperial Star Destroyer.
As much as I want a new 928, I want an AT-AT and ISD more.

In my opinion, I think SW is getting kind of old.

The line is already ancient by recent standards, and I fear that it will get
the same treatment as other themes.  Star Wars Lego brought me (and a lot of
other AFOLs) out of a very long dark age.  I am not in favour of treating the
SW line the same as Rock Raiders or Slizers (a year or two, then *poof* gone).

Of course, I'm sure most of .space wants to see a Space legend come sometime
in the near future. How bad could releasing a Space Legend damage the SW
line? I mean, come on! They don't sell Legends in stores anyway, so how
could that affect the sales of the SW line?

I'm all for producing a classic space legend.  That would be great.  However,
I have to admit that the re-introduction of the Galaxy Explorer would
drastically diminish the likelyhood of me springing for a Blockade Runner
set.  I would like to make my collection SW-complete, but my wallet is already
spread too thin with the sets currently in production.

Jeff J