 Space / 13497
Re: legends space set, my thoughts as to the reasoning based on what brad has said
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 20:09:10 GMT

<snip>

At least, not without a
video game, Saturday-morning TV show, and perhaps feature film tie-in...

You must be thinking of the children who want action figures not the children
who want a good construction toy. (There lies TLCs biggest marketing problem
right now.)

-Mike Petrucelli

I talked about all this with a bunch of boys whom I teach. I am helping them
build a minifig representation of our school and they were complaining about
the SW sets to be just too much about obtaining the cool minifigs and not
enough parts! I showed them some pictures of classic space and there was
some disagreement about wether or not they were cool by their standards, but
we all agreed that tie-ins with computer games and TV action shows and
movies were for kids without much imagination. These kids I talked to want
to build what they imagine, not what they see on tv... And then we continued
building the much hated math-department in a silence of concentration!

Alexander