 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4260
Re: Going once, going twice, sold!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 02:46:13 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I can't truly express how disappointed I was to see this announcement.
As a Canadian AFOL who has yet to even receive a  Shop@Home catalog
(after multiple requests) offering the Super Chief for sale, to see Lego
now offering them for sale on E-bay is the ultimate slap in the face.
Lego appears to have no interest in serving the Canadian market. Not
only are we forced to pay in American dollars which drastically
increases the cost of even a small order, I have yet to receive an order
within the specified delivery time. It is often difficult to find
popular sets at retail even in a city as large as Vancouver where we
have Toys R Us and Wal-Mart available. If E-bay auctions is the future
for Lego....then maybe it is time to spend my "Entertainment Dollars"
elsewhere. Lego often states that the "AFOL" market is small, therefore
I imagine the collectible market must be even smaller. Hopefully Lego
will reconsider this avenue of distribution and concentrate on improving
access to sets via Lego Direct and the retail market in Canada.

Reid Tomlins
No Stranger to Danger
Dark Knight