 Marketplace / Theory / 2361
Re: Going once, going twice, sold!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 06:10:49 GMT

Julie,

"The eBay About Me page may be used to describe the seller's business, and may
contain URLs or links to the seller's individual web site. ***It may not
specifically promote off eBay sales*** or sales of items prohibited on eBay, nor
may it contain links to commercial web sites where goods from multiple
sellersare aggregated by a common search engine."

kills off GOB sites.

Julie Krenz wrote:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Kevin Wilson writes:
Jake McKee wrote in message ...
All,

It is with great pleasure and enthusiasm that I announce the new LEGO
Auctions! Check out the new area of the online LEGO Shop at
http://shop.LEGO.com/eBay.

We have literally just launched this live, and the first auction will be
....drum roll please.... Santa Fe Super Chief locomotive set #0001! OK, so

Looks good Jake, and it's going great guns already!

One interesting question: how come Lego is allowed to link to their
shop-at-home sales page on the About Lego page, whereas us plebian ordinary
eBay sellers aren't allowed to link to our websites from our AboutMe pages?
Of course, that's a question for ebay, not Lego (typical eBay though)

Kevin

Kevin - Did you ever question ebay about linking to your business from your
AboutMe page?

It says right here:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/png-list.html
that you can do it. (Scroll down for the "links policy".)

Julie
fut - .market.theory

--
Tom Stangl