 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4247
Re: Wholesale prices on RIS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:18:57 GMT

The price control on RIS is very high.  I doubt you will find it discounted
anywhere until the next version comes out.  Some RIS 2.0 were discounted
before xmas, but most were RIS 1.5.

Believe me, if there was a good way to get them at a low price, it would be
known.  The other products in the MindStorms line all get very heavy
discounts before disappearing.

I strongly suspect (and hope) that the next time we see discounts on RIS
2.0, it means the replacement is coming out soon thereafter.

--Jack Gregory

Barry <shahian@csulb.edu> wrote in message news:GtnvIo.Cn8@lugnet.com...
Does anyone know where we can find wholesale prices on RIS. We need to buy
20-30 of them for achools in Calif, and I'm trying to stretch the dollars. • I
am already aware of Ebay (they do not take Univ. Purchase Orders) and • Pitsco
(prices not attractive enough). These sets were selling for as low as 149 • in
Fry's stores in California around Christmas time. Thanks

Barry
Professor of EE