 General / 12311
Re: Has anyone ever been missing a piece?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 22:36:38 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Rideout writes:
In lugnet.general, Paul Davidson writes:
I'm just curious if anyone has ever built their newly-bought lego set only
to discover a piece is missing.  I've often been positive partway through
that I was missing one, but I always ended up finding it.

Pulling from memory of the past (which could cause problems itself) sometime
probably in the 1970s (or early 80s), but wasn't there a case of a boy who
bought some Legos with a piece missing? It received national TV attention and
TLG (or whoever was running Lego at the time) came to the rescue. I remember
it turned into a good PR thing.

I think about that everytime I *think* I'm missing a piece.

-mark

Must have been a slow news day!

Last time it happened to me, I just called Consumer Affairs and got
a replacement.  I forgot to call the local news crews.  =)

Seriously, I've had malformed elements, but the only missing elements
I've found in sets were elements that were stolen out of the set at
the store.  (Someone snagged the ice planet babe from the deep
freeze defender, and the ski elements.)

Or, perhaps, if there was a piece missing from another set,
it was such a common one that I just snagged that element out
of my collection and went on my way.

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"