 Off-Topic / Geek / 905
Re: KDE/new Redhat install (was Re: Has anyone ever been)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 1999 01:06:16 GMT

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999 02:29:00 GMT, cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley)
wrote:
Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote:

Not like win2k should be more difficult than NT. I think with a book,
some practice, and just the $100 test you can probably pass it easily.

Well, there will actually be 4 new tests and I'm anticipating it

Well, yeah. Though it might have been $50/test, I'm not actually sure.

being quite a bit more difficult than the NT4 tests were.  The
Active Directory stuff alone is supposed to be a real bear.  4 new
tests for me, as an MCSE.  7 (instead of 6) for someone just
starting out.

MCSE always was 7 tests, since realistically you want +I added as well
;)

Not a dime.  My employer has never stipulated, either in written or
verbal form, that I owe them any length of employment after the
training.  Nor would I have agreed to one unless they had been
willing to commit to a specific raise amount.  That's how things
work in the real world, I've been told.

Not what I've heard, but employers and neighbourhoods vary.

Some might call me ruthless or ungrateful, but I've been underpaid
for at least 2 years (without the training) for other reasons.  This

Tempus fugit, doesn't it?

is, I'm told, still an employee-friendly job market.  No reason for

To say the least.

Passed TCP/IP today.  733 required - I got 900.  Mainly subnetting

Out of 1k, right?

that tripped me up, but in reality you don't subnet your 10,000 node
network in 60 seconds without the benefit of a calculator and a
chart, so I'm not upset.

I thought you were allowed pen and paper, and possibly even a
calculator in the exam?

Jasper