 General / 12310
Re: Has anyone ever been missing a piece?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 22:14:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paul Davidson writes:
I'm just curious if anyone has ever built their newly-bought lego set only
to discover a piece is missing.  I've often been positive partway through
that I was missing one, but I always ended up finding it.

Pulling from memory of the past (which could cause problems itself) sometime
probably in the 1970s (or early 80s), but wasn't there a case of a boy who
bought some Legos with a piece missing? It received national TV attention and
TLG (or whoever was running Lego at the time) came to the rescue. I remember
it turned into a good PR thing.

I think about that everytime I *think* I'm missing a piece.

-mark