 General / 12308
Re: Has anyone ever been missing a piece?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 21:00:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jasper Janssen wrote:

Well, yes. But people for some reason think that they _do_ know all
about computers. So you get the "I'm a leet hacker" type people who,
it turns out, have the caps lock key on while typing their password.
And worse, the ones who call back with the _exact_ same problem again.
And again. Or the ones who don't know what "click", "double-click",
and "right-click" mean, and don't want to learn. I have one of those
in rather close proximity, which I _have_ to support. He's my bloody
father. Whenever I suggest that maybe, just maybe, if he's having to
try for five minutes to double-click on his WP 5.1 icon, moving it all
over the desktop in the process, that it might be a good idea to just
spend half an hour or an hour playing Solitaire, even offering to
coach him through that, he get's this "I can't hear you la-la-la" look
on his face.

You ever thought about sneaking in, and lowering the drag sensitivity for
double-clicks?

Steve