 Off-Topic / Geek / 997
Re: KDE/new Redhat install (was Re: Has anyone ever been)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 03:19:20 GMT

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000 01:52:04 GMT, mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller)
wrote:

Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote:
And running an ISP solely on NT is pretty much insanity, whereas in

Eep, yes. This is exactly what got me into Linux in the first place. My
friend was trying to start an ISP running NT. They were having trouble, so
since I'd done some work getting PPP to work on the ancient terminal server
at the small college I went to, they hired me to help out. Very quickly, I
thought: ok, this ain't gonna work. What else is there?

I don't know why but this reminds me of a guy I know via IRC who
started up his own ISP literally in his own home using a Linux box and
a handful of lines, providing service mainly to local teachers, with
the initial goal being to simply pay for his own fairly high-speed
dedicated net connection (256k).  I think he's actually expanded into
a fairly decent sized small hosting company, all on the side of his
real job.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?
http://www.guarded-inn.com/bricks/