 General / 12198
Re: Has anyone ever been missing a piece?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 01:52:26 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jasper Janssen writes:
On Tue, 7 Dec 1999 06:02:53 GMT, "Jonathan Little" <piano254@aol.com>
wrote:

not terribly insignifcant. Anyway . . . I wrote to the company, requesting a
replacement part and they sent me another complete model, sealed box and
everything. How's that for customer service?

Cheaper than finding out what part it was, exactly, that Idiot
Customer[1] lost, finding it, and sending it, presumably.

Jasper

[1] No offense to you personally, but if you've ever worked in a
customer-facing situation, you know what I mean..

No offense taken. Frankly, unsatisfactory opinions from people that I don't
know usually don't bother me.
   I'm not sure what you mean by a "customer-facing situation" but, if you
are referring to customer service problems, i.e. a situation where you had
to listen to a customer complain about a problem, then I *do* understand
what you mean. While in those situations, I have dealt with some people that
were less than pleasing, though I would not go so far as to call them and
idiot. I also have spoken to many people that dabble in various crafts and
they all seem to share the opinion that small parts are easily lost and/or
broken. The customer service reps that I've spoken to ensure me that the
companies understand this fact and are more than happy to correct the
situation and that they often keep numerous copies of "problem parts" on
hand for just a situation.
   Basically, I don't feel that the company in question sent me an entirely
new set simply because it was cheaper. I couldn't imagine the set in
question costing less than 5 US$ to make and the missing part would have
only cost me .05 US$ in any hardware store. I simply feel that the company
was upset by the poor product and felt that they would be doing more by
replacing the entire set.
-Jonathan