 General / 10815
Re: Ever been missing a piece? Nope!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 14:21:04 GMT

Hi Richard,

I just traded a MISB 6989 MCM and a MISB 6987 MIB for a used complete 7740.

My friend emailed me yesterday to say the 6989 was missing one of the large
plastic wheels. He even rang lego in Sydney and they confirmed that the batch
of 6989's that was sent to Australia occasionally had this problem. When it was
a current set they said they were constantly trying to get spares to replace
the one the was missing and the problem was being compounded by kids who had a
set with only five wheels stealing the sixth from shelf stock in stores.

I find it hard to understand how lego could miss one of these wheels in a set
as it is huge.

So when they do blunder they do it with style.

Mark H.

PS. Would you or anyone else reading this, happen to have a spare black large
space wheel
        from a 6989?

Richard Parsons wrote:

Paul Davidson wrote
I'm just curious if anyone has ever built their newly-bought lego set only
to discover a piece is missing.  I've often been positive partway through
that I was missing one, but I always ended up finding it.

Never. Not once in over 500 sets over twenty years. That is very impressive
quality control.

Wouldn't mind that level of attention to detail in some of the businesses I
work with :-)

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/