 General / 10285
Re: Has anyone ever been missing a piece?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 12:10:06 GMT

The only occurrence of such a thing in my whole life was a box of 6332 (Town
Jr Police Headquarters) which I won from a promotional lottery by a TRU in
Istanbul. There was a 1x6x5 brick missing and one trans green/black window
block (the newly introduced -in 1998- with both level and diagonal portions)
extra. There is no Lego Service or CA in Turkey, so I went back to TRU and
the package was changed with a new one.

Selçuk

David Eaton <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Paul Davidson writes:
I'm just curious if anyone has ever built their newly-bought lego set • only
to discover a piece is missing.  I've often been positive partway through
that I was missing one, but I always ended up finding it.

On the other hand, I *always* have a small handful of extra pieces. :)

I've heard of mis-packed lego instances 3 times in all my 23 years of
existance:

1: Around '88 or '89, a friend of mine bought the FUTURON monorail. A
Trans-blue windshield was interchanged with a Trans-Green one. Status of
mistake? Unknown.

2: This year, a different friend of mine bought a Naboo fighter. One of • the 2x3
side slope pieces (goes from 1 stud thick to 2 studs thick over 3 studs of • its
length) was replaced with it's mirror image! Hence, he got 1 extra left • side
slope, and 1 too few right side slopes. Status? Replaced promptly by TLC. • (TLG
at the time)

3: Again, this year, I bought (yes, this is the only time it's happened to • me)
a Speeder Bike set that had 1 extra dark grey ski, and was missing a 1x1 • green
round brick with 3 leaves sticking out the sides. Status? Replaced within • 4
days by TLC.

Supposedly, according to my friend that had problems with the Naboo • fighter
(who heard it from the Lego rep he talked to), this has been a larger • problem
with the Star Wars sets than any other Lego genre, assumedly due to time
constraints? Doesn't sound like that's the case from the other responses • to
this thread though....

DaveE